Quote Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Yes, I am extremely interested in this.

What kind of tip is on your stylus? It looks like you are putting on a ruby or similar? It's still possible to crash and break it, even with the incredible amount of travel you have built in. You'll need to be very up front about what replacements will cost so people feel at ease with the design.

It doesn't seem completely necessary for the tip to be anything other than carbide.

Another thing I've always wondered, what about making a probe that's both conductive and mechanical? Have a mode switch on the side so that when dealing with metals you can use conductive for perfect accuracy and for non-conductive materials use the mechanical mode?

EDIT - I believe I heard in the video your stylus is ceramic?
Hi Advil - Thanks for your post.

Re your questions. If you view my other youtube videos on the subject last year - or you may have already? there is information on some of this.

Just quickly. I may offer a premium model with a Carbide stylus tip and a economy version with a hardened steel ball tip - still very durable.

A broken stylus would be very unlikely ....but I agree with your point and plan to offer replacement stylus assemblies for a reasonable price.

In order to keep the price down I plan to only offer the mechanical touch type at this stage.

Cheers Keen