585,754 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > HUANGYANG VFD RAMP UP SPEED

HUANGYANG VFD RAMP UP SPEED

Attachment 328468

Hi,
    I have been helping a friend who bought my previous router off me, a CNC 6040 with the .8kw water cooled spindle.
    I've follwed the setting setup as shwn in the image above that i got from this forum discussion 6040 CNC (800 Watt Spindle VFD Settings Problem) [Archive] - Woodwork Forums
    But there is one setting that I cannot get to work right and that is the RAMP UP SPEED.
    I had the same issue when I owned it. Everything else works as it should including the ramp down speed.
    Basically the spindle just kicks into full speed when the start button is pressed and this can't be god for the spindle.
    I changed the Pd014 and Pd015 settings to 5 seconds each but no effect on the ramp up speed.

Any one got any ideas off what I've got wrong with the settings?

Re: HUANGYANG VFD RAMP UP SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by pari View Post
    Attachment 328468

Hi,
    I have been helping a friend who bought my previous router off me, a CNC 6040 with the .8kw water cooled spindle.
    I've follwed the setting setup as shwn in the image above that i got from this forum discussion 6040 CNC (800 Watt Spindle VFD Settings Problem) [Archive] - Woodwork Forums
    But there is one setting that I cannot get to work right and that is the RAMP UP SPEED.
    I had the same issue when I owned it. Everything else works as it should including the ramp down speed.
    Basically the spindle just kicks into full speed when the start button is pressed and this can't be god for the spindle.
    I changed the Pd014 and Pd015 settings to 5 seconds each but no effect on the ramp up speed.

Any one got any ideas off what I've got wrong with the settings?
    You seem to be missing some important Parameters, and a incorrect setting, you may have others that are set incorrect as well

PD11= 100
    PD73= 100
    PD143=2
    Mactec54

You seem to be missing some important Parameters, and a incorrect setting, you may have others that are set incorrect as well

PD11= 100
    PD73= 100
    PD143=2
    I'll give these a go.
    Thanks

I'll give these a go.
    Thanks
    You may have other Parameter setting wrong as well, if you have been trying other Parameters
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You may have other Parameter setting wrong as well, if you have been trying other Parameters
    I only changed the codes that are shown in the image and the PD014 and PD015 for ramp speeds. The rest I left at the default factory settings they would be after doing a re-set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only changed the codes that are shown in the image and the PD014 and PD015 for ramp speeds. The rest I left at the default factory settings they would be after doing a re-set.

That should be good then, Here is the complete list of needed Parameters to set the only difference is the Max Amp setting for your Spindle Motor, which should be 4 Amps for your 800w Spindle, 5 Amps may be too high

These are the only Parameters you need to set

Check that your parameters are set as this list is and you should be good to go

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 800w Spindle 4 amps Max)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 (100 Minimum Setting )
    Mactec54

I got to my friends VFD this weekend and checked the settings. Everything seem to be right apart from PD143 which I had set to 4 (poles).
    But apart from the setting issue for the rapid ramp (or none existing ramp up speed) my friend informed me that the spindle has started to just stop and display DL error signal.
    What's happening is it starts (still without ramp up) for half s second then cuts out and displays dl. I looked it up and DL means OUTPUT SHORT. Another forum search mentions checking IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistor). Least to say I'm starting to feel a little out of my depth, I'm not comfortable around electrical things.
    Has anyone got any tips? Where would the IGBTs be, how do I know if that is the problem and why does it appear that the settings still cause a rapid ramp up?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

I got to my friends VFD this weekend and checked the settings. Everything seem to be right apart from PD143 which I had set to 4 (poles).
    But apart from the setting issue for the rapid ramp (or none existing ramp up speed) my friend informed me that the spindle has started to just stop and display DL error signal.
    What's happening is it starts (still without ramp up) for half s second then cuts out and displays dl. I looked it up and DL means OUTPUT SHORT. Another forum search mentions checking IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistor). Least to say I'm starting to feel a little out of my depth, I'm not comfortable around electrical things.
    Has anyone got any tips? Where would the IGBTs be, how do I know if that is the problem and why does it appear that the settings still cause a rapid ramp up?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

From having to short a ramp down is what can cause the IGBT to fail, your spindle motor is a 2 pole motor and can never be run as a 4 pole
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    From having to short a ramp down is what can cause the IGBT to fail, your spindle motor is a 2 pole motor and can never be run as a 4 pole
    Do you mean the short ramp UP speed. On the 2 poles vs 4 poles, does that mean the image at the start of the thread of the PD program numbers is wrong?