585,888 active members*
4,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Wiring Control Box

My E-Stop is wired into mains (240V in my case) and it kills ALL power to the controller. If you have an emergency situation you really want everything to stop.

Here's a link to the controller wiring diagram that I used. The relays and VFD output are optional, I don't use either at this stage.

Thanks for the drawing and descriptive schematic and they both clear up the issues I was having.

I didn't go with the Homann design as I wanted the ability to just reset my machine as well as kill everything.

Once again thanks for your help in designing this schematic for me and as you probably guessed, I am clueless when it comes to wiring something correctly.
    If I may, can you correct me if I'm right or wrong when it comes to wiring up a Touch Sensor.
    I want to have a 1/4 inch plug jack on the front for a Touch Plate. In the included drawing it shows one wire going directly to the Terminal 12 Negative connection and one wire going to the Terminal 4 Position. In my case, I want to run the V- Connection going to the Ground Terminal of the Jack Socket and the V+ Connection going to the Side Connection of the Jack.

Also I have the intention of running 3 CPU Fans all connected through the Buck Shunt to drop the voltage for this and the Touch Sensor to the necessary 12 V.

Are these assumptions correct?

As far as your previous description for my wiring schematic, I ran all of the N leads to the lower connections of the Start and E-Stop Switches and the L leads to the upper connections of these same switches.

I can't wait to get through this step and on to the remaining steps. Then I'll be back in creative mode and able to sit down and learn all of the enhancements that VCarve has made in their signature software from Versions 3 to 8.1.Attachment 329304

Hoi Ronald,
    Do you have anything like a universal multi meter to check your connections while NOT conected to the mains.
    If you have, you can check the connections by connecting the meter over the N on the input to the N on the power supply.
    Only when the power switch is on and the emergency button is not pushed in you should measure a low ohmic connection ( something below 1 Ohm )
    If the power switch is of OR if the emergency button is pushed in, you should have HIGH Ohm value ( real high so above 1Mohm )
    The same for the Live connection.
    Using a 1/4 inch plug is a good idea, and yes connect the - connection to the ground terminal and use the central point for the connection to the input 4 on the Gecko 540
    You will use this to check the point height of your cutting tool. The - connection should also be connected to your machine ground.
    the tool should slowly decend to the touch plate, and when in contact will know the hight ( relative ). So when chane a tool, afther tool heght measuring. it will be at the same hight to your working piece

Thanks again and I must say your responses have been so to the point its as if I was doing a Paint By Numbers picture.

Page 2 of 2 12