584,802 active members*
4,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Tutorial Suggestions Please

Tutorial Suggestions Please

I would appreciate some recommendations on DVDs or publications to better help me learn to create and draw Solids and Surfaces on X-9. I have been trapped in a 2D mental ward far too long.

Thank you for your consideration,

Doug

Re: Tutorial Suggestions Please

eapprentice.net

No relation, just would recommend over the Mastercam program.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bobcad guy Guest

i've used cadinstructor.com . great paid resource. for about 3 hundred bucks, you can get a ton of help.

Some guy right here on CNCzone has a bunch of videos post on how to learn MasterCam, not sure if he is from Mastercam or what, but he has probably 15+ video posted. I have also tried Cadinstructor and it worked great.

Russ

I looked for cadinstructer on line and found cadinstructor.com/login.asp. but not any kind of home page for whatever they do. It might be difficult to expand enrollment if they don't have a page to help determine if anyone might even want to be enrolled. And for what?

There are lots of links to Camsinstructer however they actually say very little about the their products. As an example, the course describing Mastercam Solids states: "Create lines using endpoints" Wow, I didn't know you could do that. And: " Using the Autocursor when creating lines to snap to endpoints of lines. I'm amazed, imagine snapping to another line you just learned how to create using endpoints?

At caminstructor.com I was especially unimpressed that they posted the ISBN #:978-1-927359-79-2 in their ad large enough for easily read. They might as well have posted their high school gym locker number for all the relevance the ISBN number has.

Their Mastercam solids course has 8 lessons, though those 8 are not further described as to what one might learn. One might wonder if it takes all 8 lesson to learn how to draw a line using endpoints or snapping using the Autocursor.

Caminstructor's web pages do not appear to be professionally created and are lacking in substance, therefore I'm inclined to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugg View Post
    I looked for cadinstructer on line and found cadinstructor.com/login.asp. but not any kind of home page for whatever they do. It might be difficult to expand enrollment if they don't have a page to help determine if anyone might even want to be enrolled. And for what?

There are lots of links to Camsinstructer however they actually say very little about the their products. As an example, the course describing Mastercam Solids states: "Create lines using endpoints" Wow, I didn't know you could do that. And: " Using the Autocursor when creating lines to snap to endpoints of lines. I'm amazed, imagine snapping to another line you just learned how to create using endpoints?

At caminstructor.com I was especially unimpressed that they posted the ISBN #:978-1-927359-79-2 in their ad large enough for easily read. They might as well have posted their high school gym locker number for all the relevance the ISBN number has.

Their Mastercam solids course has 8 lessons, though those 8 are not further described as to what one might learn. One might wonder if it takes all 8 lesson to learn how to draw a line using endpoints or snapping using the Autocursor.

Caminstructor's web pages do not appear to be professionally created and are lacking in substance, therefore I'm inclined to pass.
    You're pretty naïve if you think the solids course involves "how to draw a line". It wouldn't involve creating toolpaths, just creating, modifying, and manipulation of solids. Even to extracting other features from a solid for later machining
    - a lot of the learning stuff is module based, you pick the area you need to develop from, then select the next module that is important to you. Skip those that you are confident on, or no interest ( ie miss the lathe tutorial, because you don't have a lathe)

Mastercam is not a well developed CAD system, it does excel in the CAM side. If you can use other CAD systems, then it would be a pushover to learn the CAD side of things.
    - Many draft in anther system & then import the shapes into Mastercam

Why don't you contact your local Master Cam dealer and they will hook you up with a DVD about what you need. I did that.