584,833 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Diemaking / Diecutting > Die tool used on Lapel pins???

Die tool used on Lapel pins???

Hi everyone, its needless to say I am new to this, I am trying to gother knowledge on this complex business of CNC industry.

I am particularly interested in learning on the processes applied onto making dies for the Lapel pin industry...I've looked all over the internet and wasn't able to find good information.
    I know that several different type of pins use a die to punch brass or copper to make the impression using a press. Now my question is; how are these dies made or who makes them? what machines are needed for this process, supplies, software etc...
    I appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.
    I also appreciate your patience on this.
    Thanks in advance.

Nobody?

Nobody?

Can at least someone point me to the right direction??? Where to find out more about dies for making either Lapel pins or emblems??? a website, forum etc...
    Someone here must know something.
    I thank you ahead of time.

I may be able to supply an answer or two as I am a die maker. I am not sure what you are trying to find out though. You say several different types of pins use a die to punch brass or copper to make the impression using a press.
    Are you talking about pins that would have a pattern or design pressed in them? This is called coining. Or are you talking about blanking out different shapes that are part of the pins? Do you have any pics or examples? Not sure how much help I may be able to provide.

Hi zimmy, Thanks for replying.

What I am trying do learn or at least the procedure of how lapel pins are done, what machines are used, how complex this is, and what avenue I should persue in order to learn this.
    Please take a look at the images of different types of lapel pins which all are die struck.
    I appreciate your help on this.
    Thanks again,

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clo10lg.jpg   ds03lg.jpg   mystic-quest-coin-large.gif  

Alex,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I am not sure of the processes involved in making those pins in the most effective manner. I found this website. http://www.allaboutpins.com/diestruck.html I am sure you have probably found it also. It seems that they border more on the lines of jewelry making and artwork. I would imagine that the diestruck ones may be made with coining dies but I'm not sure of that. I have seen some that look to be castings to me, I'm not sure how accurate that would be either. Maybe lost wax? I thought the prices that were listed on that site were pretty low. Obviously the people who do this know what they are doing and how to get there for a low cost. I'm sorry I can't be more helpfull here.

Hi Zimmy, I will take a look at the link. I'll search more on your suggestions.
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
    Thanks again,

All three basically look like castings. No. 3 may be a stamping but the first two are cast pins then finished. Stamping something like that would really not be feasable. For something like that you may want to look into rapid prototyping at a casting facility.

Re: Die tool used on Lapel pins???

Hi guys, you can get the high-quality die-struck enamel pins at the best prices.
    https://www.thesecondproject.in/die-struck-pins/
    https://www.pinitup.co.in/customization

Re: Die tool used on Lapel pins???

Quote Originally Posted by nikhilpinitup View Post
    Hi guys, you can get the high-quality die-struck enamel pins at the best prices.
    https://www.thesecondproject.in/die-struck-pins/
    https://www.pinitup.co.in/customization
    Did anyone use these resources? Can they be trusted?