The Tormach "35167 - QC Motor Connection Kit" is required to connect the RapidTurn to your mill VFD. According to the Tormach site this kit is appropriate for both the 1100 and the 770. That is not entirely true!

The instructions are for the 1100 *only* but the differences when installing on a 770 are mostly good. You can ignore the first few pages of instructions since on a 770 there is no requirement to rotate the motor to access the junction box.

There are, however, a few small issues. The nuts on the motor connections are 7mm rather than 8mm as noted in the manual. The supplied watertight connector won’t screw into the junction box The new connector appears to be ½-inch NPT but my motor's junction box is tapped with metric threads. Just discard the new connector and use the original one.

If you don’t have a stock of M4x10 screws you may find it advantageous to clean your chip tray prior to beginning the installation. I neglected to clean and spent many frustrating minutes searching for dropped screws

There is a 17mm hole in the junction box mounting plate but the panel mount strain relief on my cable to the VFD needs a ¾-inch hole. Not thinking clearly, I assumed that the new bracket was aluminum. Drilling at the wrong speed very quickly work hardened the stainless steel bracket. Securing the bracket to a lathe faceplate and using a carbide insert boring bar fixed that mistake.

All in all there were no major problems but it would be nice for Tormach to update their installation manual and slightly modify their mounting bracket.

I have since removed my 35167 kit and installed a switch instead. Some photos are in the thread at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...4-tormach.html