585,729 active members*
4,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Conversational G53 has no G0.. what's up with that???

Exclamation Conversational G53 has no G0.. what's up with that???

Ya, I tried both Face and engraving conversational tools and both created a G53 line with no G0 or G1, which threw an error.
    It seems I have to go in and manual add the G0.. what's up with that?

Pathpilot 1.9.3

thanks!
    Bill in San Diego!

Re: Conversational G53 has no G0.. what's up with that???

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPlaneDoc View Post
    Ya, I tried both Face and engraving conversational tools and both created a G53 line with no G0 or G1, which threw an error.
    It seems I have to go in and manual add the G0.. what's up with that?

Pathpilot 1.9.3

thanks!
    Bill in San Diego!
    Conversational Face using 1.9.6 doesn't create a G53 line (nor would I expect any conversational to push me to machine coordinates). It would be rather unusual to use machine coordinates (not impossible, just unlikely) unless you have some switch set elsewhere. Is it possible you entered G53 in the coordinate DRO by mistake at some time, rather than G54 (which would be typical), and that's now just hanging around and propagating?

Just tried that. Sure enough, one can enter G53 as a work offset, and it posts. And creates an error. So that may be it. Check your entries.

Added: DON'T use machine coordinates unintentionally! Exciting things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post
    Conversational Face using 1.9.6 doesn't create a G53 line (nor would I expect any conversational to push me to machine coordinates). It would be rather unusual to use machine coordinates (not impossible, just unlikely) unless you have some switch set elsewhere. Is it possible you entered G53 in the coordinate DRO by mistake at some time, rather than G54 (which would be typical), and that's now just hanging around and propagating?

Just tried that. Sure enough, one can enter G53 as a work offset, and it posts. And creates an error. So that may be it. Check your entries.

Added: DON'T use machine coordinates unintentionally! Exciting things can happen.

hmm I'll check that but I dunno.. I did a fresh install on another computer and didnt make any settings changes.. it sill did it.

My HSMworks with the Autodesk pathpilot post doesnt do it. Maybe I should just do the.6 upgrade... ya, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by GLCarlson View Post

OK!, the upgrade fixed it.. but now it homes in the wrong direction on the Y axis... gotta figure that one out..

OK!, the upgrade fixed it.. but now it homes in the wrong direction on the Y axis... gotta figure that one out..
    Sometimes it's just easier to do the upgrade. I couldn't figure out how to go back to 193 without doing a reinstall from the disk, or I'd have tried that version. It's still in the machine; just don't know how to make it the active file. Anyway, you're fixed, good.

You mean the Y axis homes toward the column, not toward the front, correct? Did it do that with earlier versions? NB, "home" on my 1100 is top of column, table extended all the way to the right on X, all the way forward on Y. That has been consistent from day one, across all PP releases and M3.

I'd call Tormach on that one.

Can't provide any help on the OP's problem, but GL, you can update backwards with not problem. If you are on 1.9.6, for example an want to go back to 1.9.3, just put in the stick with 1.9.3 and hit the upgrade button as usual.

Terry

G53 is like using a G28 it will just take the axes where you tell it to move, it has nothing to do with machine coordinate system, and if the program that it is used in is formatted correctly it can be used without a G0, so if you have it like this it will work, PP I don't know how they have it implemented, as long as there is a G0 move before the G53 it will work in most controls ( G0 is Model ) and will stay active until changed

G0Z3.
    M9
    M5
    G53X3 Y0.
    M30

It does not matter where your machine Homes, this does not affect how your part is cut, this is when you use a G54 and set your work X0 Y0 this part zero is then fixed regardless, of your machine Home Zero of each axes
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by MFchief View Post
    Can't provide any help on the OP's problem, but GL, you can update backwards with not problem. If you are on 1.9.6, for example an want to go back to 1.9.3, just put in the stick with 1.9.3 and hit the upgrade button as usual.

Terry
    ...(smacks head)...Never thought of upgrading down....! Thanks!

Plane Doc, OT, but is that a Bellanca?

Why yes, it's a 1959 Bellanca Cruisemaster 260.

not many would have recognized it from the icon

Attachment 331752