585,991 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UCcnc Advanced Tool Management

HI Guys I am starting to work on an Advanced Tool / Tool Life Management function for UCCNC . Do you have anything special that you would want included ??? OR want to see ? There will be a section for Plasma(consumables) and Rotary tools

Here is a simple function that allows you to do a visual check of the tool type to verify that teh tool needed is the type you are about to stick in teh machine (;-). At tool change it pops up so you can verify the tool type needed. You would not want to install a drill when a end mill is required.

(;-) TP

Re: UCcnc Advanced Tool Management

Here is one example of a UCcnc TOOL TABLE. It is based on teh C# data view table. You can SORT on any field column and you can rearrange any of the fields as you please (;-) I bet most controllers can't do that.

It can also be unlimited tool#s. It can grow as your number of tools does.

The actual data will be stored in a data file OR in teh UCcnc PRO file .

Just a thought, (;-) TP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UCCNC ToolTable.jpg  

Sorry about asking a simple question but I am new. To make this work the tools would have to be in the UCCNC tool data base. The number of the tool in the PP would have to correspond to a tool in the UCCNC data base. I for one would love to have a picture to pop up and show me what tool to use in the tool change window. Hope this is integrated soon.
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Yes teh tool data is stored in teh data set(toolTable) Teh field that says Type would define what type of tool is required and you can link that to a picture of teh tool type required.

Lets say that teh next tool in line to be used is tool#6 , Tool#6 type is a Flat nose end mill , type 4. When the tool is called in UCcnc it can give teh description of the tool ( .500 FN EndMill 3F) AND display a picture of a Flat nose end mill so that you could visually confirm what the tool should look like.

That is possible, (;-) TP

I have a screen for Tool Life Management. When you change teh TOOL it updates teh Values and displays teh tool type picture. It is not perfect YET but you get teh idea.

(;-) TP