584,837 active members*
5,525 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Bridgeport Ez Vision mill

I just bought two new bridgeport Ez Vision mills. I am looking into buying new quick change tooling for them and I was wondering if anyone knows what is good and what is not.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

What type of tooling does it accept? (i.e. QC30, KS200, R8, e.t.c.)

I dont have a bridgeport, I have a chinese clone, but I am in the same situation. If your machine is R8 spindle taper like mine, I found probably the 2 best options.

If you care about fixed tool offsets then I would look into http://www.mach-1tooling.com. these kits are a factory option from bridgeport but are pricey. $1500 for a full kit.

If you dont care about fixed offsets then I would just get a powered drawbar, about $700 for the kit.

I'm leaning toward the mach1 kit even though it is expensive because I converted to CNC and fixed tool offsets would make all operations super easy.

hope this helps, Vince

Bridgeport EZ Vision 3 Axis For Sale New 2008

I have a bank repo Bridgeport 3 Axis Bridgeport EZ Vision for sale, new 2008. In "like new" condition. Asking $22,000 - located in Minnesota.

Call Jack Mendenhall
    612 670 6522 or e mail [email protected]

Bridgeport ezvision

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY View Post
    I just bought two new bridgeport Ez Vision mills. I am looking into buying new quick change tooling for them and I was wondering if anyone knows what is good and what is not.
    Hello Jimmy I am being cheeky here, I have just bought an earlier version than yours which is an EZplus and wonder if in the manual it relates to the machines being compatable and if the software backup disc provided with the machine is also compatable, if it is would you possibly send me a copy.
    Also if George is viewing are the two machines similar in there operation. Thanks Colin.

Hi Colin 1544

The EZ Vision is a windows PC base control I don't think they are the same or the software, The programs from EZ Plus can be run on the EZ Vsion

The EZ Vision control is made by Softservo systems
    Mactec54