584,829 active members*
4,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for NC checking software...

Hey guys,

Been looking for a while and this is my first post. I deceided to get back in school and got into the Machine Tool program at my local Technical College. Wondering if you guys can help me find a piece of software...hopefully freeware.

I'm looking for a program to check the g-code I'm writing by hand. We have one at the school (autocheckernc, I think it's called), but I'd like to have something on the home machine. Any suggestions? Is there freeware to be had or will it have to be purchased. Thanks in advance and I look forward to gleaning all the info I can get my hands on from this site.

-Jbot

Nice...thank you, sir.

-Jbot

free ware to check g code

I dont know what the fee addition does, but the dolphin cad cam, has a simulator, and if you really want to get moving, let it write some codes for you,You can edit them, I'd check out the free version, I just bought it, mill and lathe, I have mach 3, pp's are working well, Pretty easy to use,

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbot View Post
    I'm looking for a program to check the g-code I'm writing by hand. We have one at the school (autocheckernc, I think it's called), but I'd like to have something on the home machine. Any suggestions?
    try myCNC software. It's free. Graphic visualization and simulation is available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myCNC-1.78.15-01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Shortdog View Post
    I dont know what the fee addition does, but the dolphin cad cam, has a simulator, and if you really want to get moving, let it write some codes for you,You can edit them, I'd check out the free version, I just bought it, mill and lathe, I have mach 3, pp's are working well, Pretty easy to use,
    Agree, check Dolphin out.