585,919 active members*
3,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC6040 XYZ scaling problem

Hi everyone, I have problem with scaling CNC6040 Chinese machine. The machine had original Chinese controller controlled with Mach3, since it stopped working properly I replaced controller with Gecko540 controller. While making new settings on Mach3 I mast have entered wrong parameters. Machine is scaled 20% down and all cutting size are 20% smaller than it should. I even try to enter Motor Tuning parameters according to CNC6040 manual, but my Mach3 does not accepts new parameters as it always return to old parameters. To make machine work properly I have to use 1.25 scale and then machine operates within specified code's cutting size. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: CNC6040 XYZ scaling problem

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate it. I want to add that I used Mach3 on old controller but, with help of my friend we re-enterred ports and pin settings which were wrong I do not know how to set them again. I am not highly skilled with setting the machine as I have another guy who helped me to install and set machine since new, I would like to ask what I particularly need to do, is there any tutorial or any advice that can help me to resolve problem. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tancy_CNC View Post
    Hello Dobrun,

How are you?

This is Tancy from cnc router factory.

About your questions,i want to say different control system,the machine line connection is different.

If the control system is orginal,the encoder also has its special connecting line.

Hope this knowledge can help you.

Best regards,

Tancy

OK, I understand now, since I use Mach3 with old and now new controller, does that mean that I have to use new controller (Gecko540) manual to set DB25 pinout configuration. I checked that XYZ have the same pin connection, I will check others pin and make sure they are correct! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tancy_CNC View Post
    Hello Dobrun,

Thanks for your early reply.

Every factory has every connecting line style, so you should ask your supplier their connecting line drawing.

Hope our CNCZone family forum's skilled enginner can help you.

Hope your problem can resolve quickly.

Best regards,

Tancy

Have you checked out this document from Gecko? should provide all the info you need.
    G540 Initial Setup Guide - Step Drives - Application Notes - Support | Step Motor Controls

Thank you all, it helped me to solve problem!