584,837 active members*
5,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 13 of 13 3111213

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Quote Originally Posted by GiroYuiCNC View Post
    Hi men very interesting solution to reduce the delay. Could you please confirm me How are you doing at the moment?. Still funtion? the consistency is good? its for a small lathe to do threading works. I finally connect the sensor index needs to read the real speed of the motor.

Hi. i need help about nvemV2 index connection. i was try everything..

i I mount the index but it doesn't read the rpm. please help me

Quote Originally Posted by vincent.pomerleau View Post
    Yes it helped a lot ! Have you did the same thing for the outputs to turn on the vfd ?
    I did not try with VFD. I would say it depends on the type of VFD, but the logic is the same. Novusun will not output any voltage to VFD. Voltage must come from external components, output port from Novusun will just connect that voltage to GND.

Well i bought and NVEM controller for a plasma table but there is a problem because the torch starts when the cnc is travelling to the next cut and the torch gets off before finishing the cut. its something strange for M03 AND M05 commands.

If any know how to fix the problem i do really appreciate any help on this.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Gifix View Post
    For every one who have the same problem with very slow rising and falling voltage on spindle control output.

You need to change one of the capacitors on NVEM board.
    Originally selected capacitor (red circle) was 100µF 16V smd. I've changed it to 1µF 50V (electrolytic). I didn't measure how long it takes to reach 10V, but now is mater of 1-2 sec. or even less.

Hey Gifix, could you please add a picture of the board or what do you mean with "red circle"? ...would be great if you could tell me the exact position/number of the capacitor which I have to change.. because I try to fix it on my board.

thank you!

Was this bin file for a v2 nvem?

Dear Sir. I'd be grateful for a chance to reinstall the bin file. I first setup this nvem v2 using artsoft mach3 download and had no problems except the tachometer pulse input seemed dead. So I reinstalled mach3 from the disc provide with the nvem v2 . before establishing connect it asked for bin file then no more talking to my computer.
    If you're willing and able my email is [email protected] to send me the bin file. My boss thinks I killed his controller. He might be right.
    Thank ou,
    Bill Phillips

I have a Richauto controller and swapping out for NVCMV2.1 controller 6 aixs need help with transfer of wiring

Quote Originally Posted by ruYuri View Post
    hi guys I have original nvem bin, and novosun flash tool, can share it, send me an email 540lab -at- inbox-ru
    But I have to say, that I killed my NVEM with attempts of fixing bin problem. It was working fine out of the box, apart outputs, and when I needed them I decided to load EC500.dll plugin as written before by DigitalDream stupid developer, and immidiatly had a bin-file problem.
    Throwed nvem to real bin and ordered SmoothStepper (ESS), so wish you the same. I only sorrow about nvmpg, it wasn't that bad, hope to connect it to SmoothStepper.
    Hi one more time! I hope this time my link will work
    so I can’t guarantee that files are original, they been found at novosun forum time ago, so they are not fresh and so on… And try to avoid of using flash-tool, use it only if mach3 procedure will not work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jO9...ew?usp=sharing

btw I didn't bought ESS that time, because of the thipping time... so I bought chinese EC500... and it works fine so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mlott View Post
    I have a Richauto controller and swapping out for NVCMV2.1 controller 6 aixs need help with transfer of wiring
    Could you try to download the firmware for me? I need the .bin file I got one flashed with the wrong bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifix View Post
    For every one who have the same problem with very slow rising and falling voltage on spindle control output.

You need to change one of the capacitors on NVEM board.
    Originally selected capacitor (red circle) was 100µF 16V smd. I've changed it to 1µF 50V (electrolytic). I didn't measure how long it takes to reach 10V, but now is mater of 1-2 sec. or even less.
    It's been a while, but maybe it's still of interest.

As I'm retrofitting a small lathe, i also needed a fast response of rpm-changes.

I did this hack yesterday and can confirm, it works like a charm! Thanks for this "hack".

For those of you, who are looking for the capacitor: Its the one nearest to the spindle conectors. The black mark is the negative side.

I've got the NVEM V1.1

Page 13 of 13 3111213