584,798 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 12 of 13 210111213

Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Quote Originally Posted by Art_N View Post
    Hi guys!
    Unfortunately, I read this forum very late. I bought this controller - Nvum v2 4axis ... and am now trying to get it to work.
    1 problem - after 30 minutes of work, the controller has lost the bin file. I found the bin file and restored it to work.
    2 problem - after an hour of work, the controller stopped connecting to the computer!
    I think the firmware is lost.
    How can I restore the firmware?
    This sound familiar was same here but in an other sequence and other controller NVEM v2 4 axis instead of NVUM.
    I had your second problem first after 1 day of playing, I noticed the communication led (green Ethernet) on the NVEM blinked much
    slower as when working. Contacted the seller with a movie attached and received a new one but had to wait 5 weeks
    as nomore available from the EU warehouse.
    The second NVEM works like a "charm".
    Meanwile I purchased a spindle
    Aircooled 2,2 Kw 3phase 300Hz 18000rpm collet ER25 (didn't find ER25 400hz 24000rpm as aircoolled and ER25 was main goal, was not easy/cheap to find in this setup)
    Huanyang 2,2 Kw inverter mono phase 220V
    The spindle is controlable from Mach 3 with M3 and M5 commands without external relay as mentioned befor,
    just have to check if rpm is displayed correctly with external hand rpm unit

Grammatical errors are for free as google translate was helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by Art_N View Post
    Hi guys!
    Unfortunately, I read this forum very late. I bought this controller - Nvum v2 4axis ... and am now trying to get it to work.
    1 problem - after 30 minutes of work, the controller has lost the bin file. I found the bin file and restored it to work.
    2 problem - after an hour of work, the controller stopped connecting to the computer!
    I think the firmware is lost.
    How can I restore the firmware?

I had the connection issue too and wasn't able to fix it. I asked the seller to send another one...
    This board are really lame. The second one worked 10 minuts and gave me the bin file error.
    Do you have the bin file or now how it is called. I've looked trough the internet but I only found borken links.
    Please if you have the bin file send it to me!!! It is the last try I give to this board.
    Andreu

Hi all
    not sure this is the correct place for this post
    My first time on this forum and can not see where to start a new thread
    I have NVEM ethernet controller, having problems setting up the spindle
    It is a DC motor type, so all I need to do is switch a opto isilated relay to turn it on.
    Can any give some advise on how this is done and maybe a wiring diagram.
    I have every thing elses working OK this is the last thing to get going

Hi the bin file was there
    https://www.nvcnc.net/nvum.html
    for some reason the link does not work anymore. Let me know if you solve it as i need the bin file as well but cant find it anywhere .

Hi Drulo,
    Would you happen to have a bin file that seller sent to you? I'm looking for the bin file for Nvum v2 also. Thank you.

Is anyone have a nvum v2 bin file that i can download? My stopworking after update the firmware.
    thank you,

to. IANR23
    Befor I got the vfd and spindle I used a fixed speed AC router, I switched the router by a 24V auxiliary relay board from Aliexpress as I operate the NVEM at 24Volt
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...27424c4don1PpV
    It can be done easier but I like to have it safe as the NVE(U)M is a delicate board to mess up.

NVEM S-axis

GND connect -24V from power supply and also to DC minus on relayboard
    VSO connect to +24V from power supply
    Index not connected
    Out 1 connected to IN on relay board
    Out 2 was not connected as no need to rotated CCW

Mach 3
    Setup in config Spindle setup
    M3 for CW output 1
    If use of CCW M4 output 2

Output signals
    Out 1 port 2 Pin1
    Out 2 port 2 Pin2

You can also use other outputs but need VB to write macro
    for activation as no buttons available in Mach 3 fot those outputs

Hope this could help but all connections at your own risk.
    All these info here I found on the net but took me some time
    to have it work properly.

I'm also looking for the .bin file for EC500/NVEC400, someone have them?

Hello. I also need .bin file for UC300 https://www.nvcnc.net/uc300.html, i try to update firmware with .bin file from here https://bulkman3d.com/resources/ (this is were i bought the controller) and now stop communicating
    with computer. Does anybody know how to reset to factory this controller.

Re: Help with Novusun UC300 control card

Hello. I also need .bin file for UC300 https://www.nvcnc.net/uc300.html, i try to update firmware with .bin file from here https://bulkman3d.com/resources/ (this is were i bought the controller) and now stop communicating
    with computer. Does anybody know how to reset to factory this controller.

hi guys I have original nvem bin, and novosun flash tool, can share it, send me an email 540lab -at- inbox-ru
    But I have to say, that I killed my NVEM with attempts of fixing bin problem. It was working fine out of the box, apart outputs, and when I needed them I decided to load EC500.dll plugin as written before by DigitalDream stupid developer, and immidiatly had a bin-file problem.
    Throwed nvem to real bin and ordered SmoothStepper (ESS), so wish you the same. I only sorrow about nvmpg, it wasn't that bad, hope to connect it to SmoothStepper.

Quote Originally Posted by charlienguyen View Post
    Is anyone have a nvum v2 bin file that i can download? My stopworking after update the firmware.
    thank you,
    Bin the piece of garbage and buy something else that has ACTUAL existing support.
    ESS or UC400eth or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Bin the piece of garbage and buy something else that has ACTUAL existing support.
    ESS or UC400eth or something like that.
    The Nvum Boards work fine and are just as good as anything else in the price range, if you mess with programing the Board then this can happen to any Board that is programmable

Try it with the ESS or any of the UCCNC products and the same thing will happen
    Mactec54

Hi, Everyone i have a problem with my uc300 digitaldream, after some usb crashes i think about the frequent of inverter, now only give me a usb not recgnized, i check the chip stm32 its normal but the spi flash its empty, i already find a backup for the stm32f207vct6 but without the flash memory the chip stays in error. anyone have this dump from flash?

Tks

Hello RuYuri,
    Do you have the Firmware for the NOVUSUM NVUM V2 ETHERNET 6 AXES

Do you think it is possible to reactivate the NOUVUSUN controller ??

thank you in advance for your return

I have been using one if these for a while. Shame the dev doesn't fix the issues.
    I got most working. But 2 things won't.
    Backlash basically won't work. It will apply almost infinite acceleration so end up skipping steps. That's because mach3 uses the acceleration time for the mpg for backlash. Which is an odd thing to do anyway.
    So the mpg contole and backlash all have instant responses. And the timer setting does nothing on nvem v2.

The other thing I can't get to work at all is the spindel index. I can get the hall effect to work on other inputs but these won't register it spinning. The index input I have tried everything and just can't make it trigger.

No idea what else to do with it now. I have an old PC with parallel and may just go to linux cnc. Getting a mpg connected is the bit that worries me with that however.

Has anyone got a spindle index to work out of this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifix View Post
    For every one who have the same problem with very slow rising and falling voltage on spindle control output.

You need to change one of the capacitors on NVEM board.
    Originally selected capacitor (red circle) was 100µF 16V smd. I've changed it to 1µF 50V (electrolytic). I didn't measure how long it takes to reach 10V, but now is mater of 1-2 sec. or even less.
    Hi men very interesting solution to reduce the delay. Could you please confirm me How are you doing at the moment?. Still funtion? the consistency is good? its for a small lathe to do threading works. I finally connect the sensor index needs to read the real speed of the motor.

Can you provide me more details on how to wire the transistor and the resistor to the outputs? And the number of the transistor, I not really versed in electronics! Thanks

I had the same problem as you with Novusun NVEM V2 controller. Didn't know how to connect the relay to the output. Then I found this site and I wired the relay and the resistor according to the schematic (at the bottom of the site) and it works like a charm now. You need a relay with trigger low, I chose 12V and used 10kOhm resistor.
    Site link: https://www.nkxmotor.si/shop/krmilni...-ethernet-cnc/

Hope this helps, it saved me hours if not days and lots of nerves.

Yes it helped a lot ! Have you did the same thing for the outputs to turn on the vfd ?

Page 12 of 13 210111213