585,754 active members*
3,857 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cincinnati Milacron

Hi everyone,
    I'm from Romania. We have 2 Cincinnati Milacron, ACRAMATIC 850 TC ( Siemens made only for USA ).
    Can somebody tell me how I can read, list or communicate, using a laptop, to see PLC program and machine parameters ? Or from where we can get those manuals.
    Acramatic 850 is a PLC device working like a CNC.
    Any information will be apreciated.
    Thanks
    In electronics you can try once... and go home !

Alot of their application notes mention 840/850, did you check to see if they are close as I believe the 840 manuals are online at Siemens site.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Acramatic

Hi,
    On their site I can get information abouy Sinumerik. For USA they have a PLC device working like a CNC : Acramatic 850 TC.
    In my email to Siemens-Europe I specified "Acramatic" and their question was " and what kind of Siemens product do you have " !
    I think it' talking about "USA Siemens division".
    Thanks

Rs232 on 850 control

The 850 control has a standard RS 232 DBP 25 pin connector. This feature is standard on the 850 control. It will work with any communications software ( Procom, crosstalk, hyper terminal ). You need a standard R232 cable 25 pin to 25 pin. You need to set up the baud rate (speed, 2400) parity (none) stop bits (1) on the control in the device screen. On the PC 2400 baud, even parity and 1 stop bit. I have set this up on many 850 controls and it works fine, I use Procom +. Good luck

Thanks. I will look for the software and just me and God we'll gonna do it !
    Thanks again,
    Marius

Cincinnati Milacron Turning Center

I bought at auction of 5 years ago two Cinturn 10cc Chucking Centers. One for parts that needed "Z" axis motor and monitor screen. The other was running as I ran it before they took it down before the sale. The same company that I bought these from still have two of them today and are now trying to buy parts from me as they need for their two machines that are still in production. What I need to know from you guys is what should I be asking for in dollars for the last thing they asked for and that is the "Spindle Drive" electrical box. I've called the factory and after a 3 week wait they called back and said they could not tell me a price as they would have to build a new one as there are no more of what we have on the market. Well I know that means I can set my own price but I'm a realistic person and prefer giving them a decent price so as not scare them off and make them just go buy a new Lathe. So Please help me if you can on a price for this or tell me where I may be able to find out what it is worth as a part! I'm trying to sell both centers back to them but so far they have not bought that idea as they don't have a place to put them and are real shy of the 3 grand it will cost to move them back. Thanks for any help guys
    Edit/Delete Message

Sorry...

Usually, all the parts, each price added, are more expensive than the machine tool. Like with TV sets. A company is interested to sell a product, not a part of it. Manufaturers, usually, produce ( like the car manufacturers ) parts for a "dealer" ( the lathe manufacturer ), to be able to have a "mirror" of the market.
    I'm sorry, about the prices: ask the part manufacturer ( usually, the price depends on: the location of the lathe, where they have a company to work for them, so on ).

"ask the part manufacturer", I did this and they could not give me an answer either. Thanks for your input though

Cincinnati Cinturn

Do you still have the cincinnati cinturn? I bought one and am facing problems communicating with mastercam.
    Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by sc6chuck9 View Post
    I bought at auction of 5 years ago two Cinturn 10cc Chucking Centers. One for parts that needed "Z" axis motor and monitor screen. The other was running as I ran it before they took it down before the sale. The same company that I bought these from still have two of them today and are now trying to buy parts from me as they need for their two machines that are still in production. What I need to know from you guys is what should I be asking for in dollars for the last thing they asked for and that is the "Spindle Drive" electrical box. I've called the factory and after a 3 week wait they called back and said they could not tell me a price as they would have to build a new one as there are no more of what we have on the market. Well I know that means I can set my own price but I'm a realistic person and prefer giving them a decent price so as not scare them off and make them just go buy a new Lathe. So Please help me if you can on a price for this or tell me where I may be able to find out what it is worth as a part! I'm trying to sell both centers back to them but so far they have not bought that idea as they don't have a place to put them and are real shy of the 3 grand it will cost to move them back. Thanks for any help guys
    Edit/Delete Message

milacron 850

please send me the manuals for the cincinnati milacron 850 in electronic.