585,712 active members*
4,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > About to smash my computer

About to smash my computer

I am new to this fusion 360 and for the last 2 days I have been trying to get g-code for a design I have made. I can generate tool paths and can get the code but when I read through the code it isn't right. There is some problem with the origin I think.
    Also this is a very simple pocket I'm trying to do. All cuts are on the same plane but when I read the code the z is all over the place.

Is there anyone on here that I could send the drawings to and they send me back the code (for Mach 3)?

I will figure this program out but right now I just need this code!

Thanks!
    Any help would be great!

Re: About to smash my computer

Have you tried posting in the CAM section over on the Fusion forum? There are lots of people there willing to help there.

I could take a look but I'm not familiar with Mach3 so I couldn't really tell you if the code is 100% correct.

C|

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    Have you tried posting in the CAM section over on the Fusion forum? There are lots of people there willing to help there.

I could take a look but I'm not familiar with Mach3 so I couldn't really tell you if the code is 100% correct.

C|
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

you can send it my way if you wont
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by captainmerzlak View Post
    ... I can generate tool paths and can get the code but when I read through the code it isn't right. There is some problem with the origin I think. ...
    Not sure how valid your "reading" is. Have you tried a g-code viewer, perhaps something like this? https://www.cncedit.com/basicviewer/Default.aspx

Are you sure your WCS is set to the right plane in Fusion? Sometimes it can be a little confusing which direction the XYZ actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    you can send it my way if you wont
    How would I go about sending you the cad drawing from 360?

When you set up the "job" for the cam, where are you selecting as the origin? What post processor are you using to post? The z all over the place is retract moves most likely. Have you set the retracts in the cam to do what you want? Or is this a two axis machine and it's posting 3 axis?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckorlando View Post
    When you set up the "job" for the cam, where are you selecting as the origin? What post processor are you using to post? The z all over the place is retract moves most likely. Have you set the retracts in the cam to do what you want? Or is this a two axis machine and it's posting 3 axis?
    I'm setting x,y on the corner that I like to work from. Z is set the the plane I am working on. The reason I say the code is wrong is because the pocket is about 3" from 0 and I have about 50 lines of code where x is only about .5 from 0. There is no reason for it to be over there.
    I know nothing about post process.
    I am self taught on this cnc stuff so There is a ton I don't know. I am using a calculator and a note pad to wright my tool paths. I need to figure this out because free handing 200 lines of code SUCKS!!!!!

Does F360 not have a back plotter like HSMWorks has? You can go line by line and watch the tool. It looks good in simulation just not on the machine?

There are multiple Z options in hsmworks. Even outside of the "start", "finish", "retract" page you may also have a "stay down" option and "only where machining" or something like that.

I can not see what you have going on so I am just throwing things against a wall. Maybe we can get lucky.

he's sending me the file to have a look. fusion only has sim you have to get your own backplotter for fusion the cam in fusion is about the same as HSMworks. it will be something simple the learning is not that good for fusion yet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They do have tutorial videos on YouTube. Helped me a lot.
    Lee

to finish this thread off the trident was set to the wrong spot easy fix

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]