585,987 active members*
4,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone else notice this?

I had used the conversational on my lathe to do an 'internal' NPT thread recently and it worked fine. Then last night I switched to do the same NPT thread as an 'external' thread. I clicked the external button and the appropriate light lit up however when I went to run the program I noticed that the angle was still for an internal thread on the tool path display. I went back into the conversational and clicked the button back and forth between external and internal and reposted the program with the same result. I even went back into the conversational and selected a different size external thread and then went back to the size I needed and no luck. I had to actually go into the program that was created and change the parameter for the canned threading cycle manually to get it to cut the external thread.

I know the external thread conversational function works because I had cut external threads before using it. However, this did happen once before where I cut an internal NPT thread and the thread pitch and diameter was correct but it was set to cut a straight thread. At that time I just figured I screwed up when I was setting parameters in the conversational screen. But when I couldn't get it to work last night regardless what I tried it got me wondering.

Re: Anyone else notice this?

What PP version?