585,978 active members*
4,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Edgecam and Mazak Integrex

Smile Edgecam and Mazak Integrex

I am about to purchase a Mazak Integrex 200 IV S with sub spindle. Does anybody have any experience of programming this type of machine with Edgecam.

Does Edgecam handle the sub spindle ok, as well as doing true 5-axis work to both spindles.

If anyone has any edgecam files that i can play with it would be very helpful especially when it comes to creating my post.

I suppose it would be too much to ask if anyone has an Edgecam post for this machine. Apparently a lot of M codes have changed from the series III to series IV machines.

Look forward to your replies

John

EdgeCAM can program that machine with no trouble, I have made posts for similiar Sub-spindle mazaks, I think the model was a Integrex 400 ST. It had sub spindle and upper and lower turrets. Only live tooling on the upper ATC, the lower was a turret. EdgeCAM (as of right now) can only do true 4/5 axis cycles on the upper turret. In fact, I haven't come across a machine (yet) that does live tooling on the lower turret.

I have heard Espirit claim that they could program any mazak but i know customers still waiting on a post for over 8 months. Although they were promised one on a weeks time.

The Code Wizard gets you 98% there, right out of the box. I believe that I changed 3 things and it was more of a preference thing.
    Mike W.

does anyone have a postprocessor for it?... pleeease :-)

"The Code Wizard gets you 98% there, right out of the box. I believe that I changed 3 things and it was more of a preference thing."

Did you try the Post Wizard???

Mike
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Hello Mike,
    I've been trying to get in touch with you on messenger, but it seems like you haven't been there.
    We talked about a post for integrex (and i need one for variaxis too), and i'd like to hear if you've got it
    Best regards Allan :-)

Allan-
    I don't have a Mazak Variaxis post... sorry. Did the Integrex post work for you?
    Mike W.

Re: Edgecam and Mazak Integrex

Mike Mattera,

Are you saying that out of the box the code wizard has a template that is near perfect? Have you ever run into problems with the code since you have used it? I am so nervous about trying this and crashing or scrapping a complex part.

Chad
    Multi-Tasking Machining - Customer savings, and shorter lead times!
    www.northernmachininginc.com

Quote Originally Posted by northernmach View Post
    Are you saying that out of the box the code wizard has a template that is near perfect? Have you ever run into problems with the code since you have used it? I am so nervous about trying this and crashing or scrapping a complex part.

Chad
    Hi Chad,
    The Code Wizard has templates flavored to different controls. The adaptive-integrex.cgt template is designed for the Matrix controls on Mazak's e- and i-series machines, and can also be used for the "Mark IV" series. Start with this template, and like Mike W said, the template is very flexible. Code Wizard covers nearly the full range of machine capability. Expect that there will be modifications needed to the default template settings to match up to your company's Integrex. This process is called turn-keying the post processor, and verifies that ALL the Edgecam functions available result in CNC code that runs as simulation predicted, without requiring edits.

In order to be successful with this, you need to know how to use the Edgecam software commands required for this machine and also know the required syntax for the EIA code required by the Integrex. These are modular and highly capable machine tools, and the CNC code is not universal. There are often subtle differences due to machine options, software version, parameters, tooling, user preferences, etc. In my experience, many Edgecam users can handle a single spindle lathe or 3 axis mill post processor in Code Wizard with no problem. There is a smaller group of users that have the combination of Edgecam proficiency, machine tool knowledge, and experience with post processor building. If you are not comfortable with this, having the assistance of your reseller will ensure you are successful with this project.

Joe S.

Thanks Joe,

As much as I would like to try and use the code wizard to figure this out, based on your explanation, I should not. My reseller would not even tackle this, because he knows of another reseller that is much more experienced with it, and I appreciate that honesty. We currently have a Mark IV and also an e series. Way to risky and time consuming and will just have to some day fork out the cost of the post and hope that it pays itself back.

Chad
    Multi-Tasking Machining - Customer savings, and shorter lead times!
    www.northernmachininginc.com