585,760 active members*
3,788 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TL1 Haas intuitive program restarts?

TL1 Haas intuitive program restarts?

Has anyone had problems when using the intuitive menu to run parts? One problem for example: I'm running an OD operation and I feed hold the machine and stop the spindle to either clear the chips or take a measurement and then I hit cycle start again. The program restarts and does not continue from were it left off. What's even stranger is that this is a sporadic problem and I'm not able to repeat all the time.

Any fixes?

-Ed

How old is the machine? I have a TL1 about 18 months old that gave problems on Restart with regular programs. When some later software was installed it was okay.

Another thing is to check the setting for Program Restart and whatever it is change it to the other option and see if that makes a difference. Be careful though, I did this and the program did start where I wanted it to but then when it reached the end it jumped back to the beginning and started all over.

The machine is two years old. I'm going to see if I can get this upgrade.
    Is the setting you're talking about the one which lets you use the cycle start button as both feed hold and cycle start?

Quote Originally Posted by elaganis View Post
    ....Is the setting you're talking about the one which lets you use the cycle start button as both feed hold and cycle start?
    No that is a different one. In my manual it is the Settings section, on page 176, Setting 36 Program Restart with a description.

Yes. I know that one. I like to use it in the middle of a long program I'd write in MasterCam. Saves time. However it's set to OFF. I change it when required otherwise it wastes time for multiple parts.