Login

CNC plasma cutting machine problems

please help me

machine : HYPERTHERM POWERMAX PLASMA 45
    Chinese FANGLING CONTROLLER
    CHINESE HYDTHC torch height controller
    HYPERTHERM Machine interface cable
    HYPERTHERM Powermax45 MAchine torch

the Problem : plasma arc fires but the torch does not moves, ultimately extinguishing the Arc.

Questions:

1) My Chinese supplier says 4 wires are sufficient to operate this machine ( 2 for ARC START and 2 for ARC Voltages)
    as per him, we must connect ARC START wires to HYPERTHERM pins 3 and 4
    and ARC VOLTAGE wires to HYPERTHERM pins 5 & 6.

is it possible for the machine to work on these 4 wire connections.???

2) mistakenly, We connected ARC VOLTAGE wires to HYPERTHERM pins 12 & 14.
    should this have damaged some component???

3) is it possible to run the machine without the torch height controller?
    if Yes, How?

i have just set up my business .this machine is the backbone of my business.
    i want to run this machine on any cost.

please help me

Re: CNC plasma cutting machine problems

You need motion enable. Once the arc has been established, the power supply sends a signal to the CNC that tells it that there is an Arc established and that now it can move.

I think we have same machine, at least we have same control system from FANGLING, I am trying to get it up for run, I got two results
    1) it doesn't start, it keep popes up message box say " ARC BREAK ALARM" I tried it manually the arc work.
    2) machine runs but not arc, doesn't cut at all.
    any idea work could be wrong? I was told be the guy who I bought it from I need to clamp it on the material not on the bed, and I need to adjust the voltage higher. Is that right?

Anything will help. Thanks

Has anyone in this thread solved the connection problem? I have a Powermax45 that I am trying to connect to a F1620 THC with a FangLing Cutting Control system. I have the connector cable from Hypertherm with 6 wires, where to connect them?

Well on my opinion you can go manual mode if you want, no need for arc sense, you can configure the controller to go into oxy / acy mode, hook up a relay to trigger the plasma start, now you can cut aluminum and any other metals that the previous automated settings cannot

In this video im cutting a 3mm aluminum with ease, as you noticed on my torch you can see the handle hehe, because it`s a manual plasma cutter, I just integrate it in the CNC controller, put some triggering relays on one of the oxy/ ace control solenoids, now you just need to set the delay preheat time on the plasma trigger and manually go down the torch in the first time, after that the rest will be in automated mode but without the arc sense (depending on how thick you material to be cut)

This one im cutting 3/8 steel signs (100 pcs.)

You can do whatever you want on a CNC on my opinion

Hi can anyone help me understand the error gio key is not reading in fastcam professional. How to solve the above problem

Hello.
    Did anyone work this out?
    I have just gotten my hands on the same CNC and THC, and connecting it to my plasma.
    The plasma fire, but the THC doesn't pick up the voltage, then the CNC says "arc break alarm".

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgermano View Post
    Hello.
    Did anyone work this out?
    I have just gotten my hands on the same CNC and THC, and connecting it to my plasma.
    The plasma fire, but the THC doesn't pick up the voltage, then the CNC says "arc break alarm".

Thank you in advance.
    Hi, did you solve it? Do you have a manual for the controller?