585,973 active members*
4,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New IDea for UCCNC " WizardCam "

Hi Guys I have an idea for a new feature for UCcnc. It is called WizardCam. It will be a feature where you can use any number of MacroWizards to create a Master file of an entire part. The trick is there is NOT a set number of wizaeds that you can use . ANYONE can write a MacroWizard to be used with teh WizardCam feature. There is about 8 lines of code that HAVE to be in teh script for teh macroWizard to be compatible with WizardCam.

Teh Macro Wizards could STILL work the same way as a normal Wizard in that is would create a single Gcode file based on teh wizards features just like normal. There would be a Checkbox to select from MacroWizard output to WizardCam output.

There are conversational packages out there BUT you are limited to THEIR way or the Highway . IF they did not do teh function as you wanted you are out of luck . And NONE give you the choice to use OTHER wizards with their package .This way you can create or download a Macro Wizard make by anyone to use with your work.

Also you could have UNLIMITED features and functions to work with.

At any time you can edit teh temp file to make any corrections you require .

ONE thing is though YOU must assemble your features in teh correct order because there is no easy way to reorder teh assembly of teh complete program but you can make adjustments as you go with EDIT.

UCCNC added in some neat features to the NEW macro format that makes it fantastic to work with and has a LOT of Horsepower to work with. (;-)

SO what do you think ? Something you might be interested in ??

I already have my version running it will be up to UCCNC to included a version for you.

(;-) TP

Re: New IDea for UCCNC " WizardCam "

Definitely something I'd be interested in.

The ability to make small changes on the fly to fine tune things like a bearing fit, without having to go back into cad, would be very useful.
    I'd love to see what you've got working as far as building the ops into a "part file"

Thank you for all the time and effort you're putting in to the software.
    Mark

WizardCam is nothing really fancy it is simply a special File Handler for UCCNC that can take advantage of a MacroWizard .

(;-) TP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G76Wizard.jpg   WizardCam.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    WizardCam is nothing really fancy it is simply a special File Handler for UCCNC that can take advantage of a MacroWizard .

(;-) TP
    What sort of functions were you thinking of putting in there?

Sort of : threading, pocketing, holes (pocketed / drilled) on a PCD or array, surfacing?

Rob

Hi Robert , YOU or anyone else can add ANYTHING that you can think of as handy. You imagination is teh limit. Unlike OTHER Wizard packages this one uses USER created macroWizards (;-) All the rest you are limited to what THEY give you to work with. IF it does not do what you want you are out of luck.

All of what you listed and Probing routines ?? (;-) If you can think it then you can do it with Gcode and a macroWizard

With WizardCam you can create a macroWizard to use OR you can MODIFY a Wizard OR get someone ELSE to create one and YOU can add it to your folder and use it.

(;-) TP

I think this is a great idea. If the UCCNC developers don't have the time for this feature but the community does I say go for it. I would hope whomever could make this and other contributors would be willing to have a very open license that could even eventually allow the developers possibly package it with the main software. With UCCNC being limited in use due to hardware restrictions I would think something like this would help convert people trying to decide what to get.

(;-) UCcnc is hardly hardware limited . Teh ere teh UC100 (usb) UC300 (USB) UC400eth (eth) and the new UC300eth (eth) . Teh UC100/200 have 2 full port of I/O and the UC300 series have 5 full port s of I/O PLUS analog in /out channels PLUS Modbus for AUX hardware support.

BUT yes I know what you refere to it can ONLY use UCcnc motion controllers. AND THAT is actually a VERY GOOD thing having teh hardware AND software developed by the same People. No surprises that way. If it is broken THEY know how to fix it either through software or hardware. PLUS PLUS in my book

(;-) TP

Do you have an idea what the specs are for the 300eth are or know where they may be posted online. I was holding off getting the 400eth while waiting for the 300eth. I also have a week or two until the last of my parts arrive. I fantasize about the io count of the 300 with the speed being over 100khz and ideally close to the 400khz of the 400eth. Nor sure how hopeful I should be.

I have not seen the FINAL published specs yet for the UC300eth but it should be impressive .

(;-) TP

Quote Originally Posted by stampsm View Post
    ... With UCCNC being limited in use due to hardware restrictions .....
    I don't see that I'm afraid.... the only restriction is you can't use your own motion controller device....

You can integrate whatever hardware you want via plugins, just don't try to run X,Y,Z,A,B,C axis motion (via pulse trane) with blended and synchronized motion you can via plugin (or macroloop or modbus [essentially a plugin... you could develop a canbus or any other protocol]) add inputs and outputs, just not motion / synchronized IO (as plugins appear to rely on a 25hz loop).

What do you believe you can't do via uccnc or see as a hardware restriction?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    (;-) UCcnc is hardly hardware limited . Teh ere teh UC100 (usb) UC300 (USB) UC400eth (eth) and the new UC300eth (eth) . Teh UC100/200 have 2 full port of I/O and the UC300 series have 5 full port s of I/O PLUS analog in /out channels PLUS Modbus for AUX hardware support.

BUT yes I know what you refere to it can ONLY use UCcnc motion controllers. AND THAT is actually a VERY GOOD thing having teh hardware AND software developed by the same People. No surprises that way. If it is broken THEY know how to fix it either through software or hardware. PLUS PLUS in my book

(;-) TP
    I agree. Many incompatiblity issues can happen when running a software developed by company A with a hardware developed by company B.
    And if you find a bug the software and hardware companies will likely to just point fingers to eachother.
    Having the hardware and software developed by the same people, same company is a huge advantage.

That's basically what you see with Mach. I really like the idea that one company controls every aspect of the motion. That was part of the appeal.

I quit following Mach4 after I took the leap to UCCNC but at that time you could still see frustration from people that the latest version of Mach4 would be incompatible with the Smoothstepper plugin.