585,754 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridge Port Series II CNC for sale

Hello,

I have a BP series II CNC, It is in excellent shape, with Ballscrews on all three axis, Chrome ways (can still see all the "Frosting") on the ways.

It also comes with 3 Allen Bradley 1326 DC servos, 42"/LBs, with 3 Rutex 200V 40A drives on mother board, Avel Linburg Transformers, Caps and encouder connectors/cabnet.

All for 6K, (this is the same machine that was at the CNC Workshop 2, that the Pico servo guy was demoing his drives on). You will have to pick it up, and supply a fork truck to load it. You can look at it, if you want email for appointment.

Please, serious inquires only.
    email me at (change the "at" to @): [email protected]

hi i just bought a bridgeport 2 and got it running BUT maybe you can help me .when i turn it on it shows power interupted. i push deleate. then it shows manual operation. pass over z,x and y.i then push the power button then start zlocates and deletes from screen then x does the same, then y locates but doesn,t drop off screen for about 1minute 1minute later gross positional error comes up. i have checked the y axis and nothing is blocking movement???? any ideas thanks Dar

DAR, When you first power up you will get the power interruption error. Hit the CE button and then it will ask you to clear the axises. Hit cycle start and the Z will retract and clear on the screen, then hit cycle start again and the Y axis will move forward and clear, then hit cycle start again and the X axis should clear. At this move use your manual controls to move the X & Y axis off the Reference points, or toward the middle of the axis. If they won't move you may have to push and hold the power button while moving the axises. Once center zero out the axises. Hope that helps you.
    Ben

re

Dar:

try starting a new thread, title it with heidenhain[your control I presume]

y axis moves? might be tach or encoder problem, or if it homes the y towards the column, it may just have crap in the way

And if it does not move, you may have a bad drive or motor. Try moving the belt by hand to make sure nothing is jammed. Then swap the motors if it is NOT moving, then the axis drive. If moving you may have a bad switch or a bad encoder (swap motor).

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Question bp2cnc new problem

thanks for the info guys come to find out the rubber on y behind the table was about afoot to long so it wadded up and stopped the movement. now though when i try it the z axis moves down instead of up. any ideas?
    thanks again Dar

The Z moves down to come off the switch, then reverses direction to come back up. If the switch does not change state (stays open) it will continue going down. Check the switch and wiring.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

bp 2

thanks for the info George . checked them all then found i had a couple of the parameters reversedi guess you can,t do that anyway it,s running fine now . i just have to learn how to pro
    gram it thanks again to you and Ben