585,715 active members*
4,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Mach3/ESS/Yaskawa servo - under construction
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Mach3/ESS/Yaskawa servo - under construction

G59,

Try these settings

CN04 Speed Loop Gain, set it to 00032
    CN05 Speed Loop Integration Time, set it to 00030
    CN1A Position Loop Gain, set it to 00040

Kevin is correct the CN2 connector does not matter when running this with the software it controls all the functions using software.

If you have no AC power near those encoder wires it should not matter. If you have an AC wire near the encoder cable it can make it not work correctly.

Russ

The cable is twisted pair but it is overall shielding
    This is fine. Factory recommendation is also overall-shielded-cables. I have no problem using overall-shielded twisted-pair.
    My suspicion is that some of soldering might have gone bad or short-circuited.
    As there was no alarm as you said, nothing can be definitely said. Just an honest guess.

On the otherhand why would it work perfectly sometimes and not the other? Also does the cable configuration really affect the torque output?
    Cold-soldering or bad-contact can make random behaviors. If position-feedback is incorrect, I am sure amp can not push output current at right timing, then output torque might be going up and down randomly.

All are based on assumption.
    However, symptoms are consistent through motors and amps then there should be common components.
    I guess it would be cable-connectors.

regards,
    Kevin

I will recheck the soldering job on the CN2 connectors.
    I will also try changing the settings that CNCMAN172 has suggested.
    If any improvement I'll let you know and thanks for all the help.

Hi

Is it possible to connect an encoder with LeafBoy77? Can you give me details about the details? Can you help me with this?

Hi

Is it possible to connect an encoder with LeafBoy77 ? Can you give me details about the details? Can you help me with this?

catlakprof,
    Your question is unclear. Not sure what LeafBoy77 is? Encoders connect directly from the servo motor to the driver and is detailed in the Yaskawa manual?

Russ

catlakprof,

The Leafboy77 USB interface card is basically a USB interface with STEP/DIR outputs for stepper/servo motors as well as standard inputs and output ports, as well as spindle control. The motor encoders do not connect directly to the LeafBoy77 board they connect from the SERVO to the SERVO DRIVER board.

Russ

Leafboy77 - Home

Cnc is working right now. I want to connect the encoder for accuracy. I use a King Servo Motor. I have no information on connections and what to do.
    Obviously the Leafboy77 (AKZ250) does not support encoder connection and I do not understand it either.

Catlakprof,

Looking at King Servo motors they appear to be DC servo motors with an encoder attached at the end of the motor. How are you driving the motor? What kind of driver are you using? If this is working you must have the encoder attached or the motor would just run continuous with voltage attached. Please explain your configuration.

Russ

These servos are monophase AC servo motors like your motors. I'm using Mach3. So I drive the servomotors with a pulse.

If these are AC servo motors they must be connected to a driver. Post a picture of your Servo Driver unit and the servo, but the encoders should be connected directly to the servo driver. The driver takes Step and Direction input pulses from the Leaf USB interface board.

MACH3 > send pulses to LEAF > LEAF sends Step/Direction pulses to Servo Driver > Servo drive send voltage and current to MOTOR which moves the motor.

Russ

KingServo Motor Manual http://www.birlikrulman.com/resimler...RP_r_KUPKR.pdf

Cnc Control Panel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WgLaYE.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	347988

catlakprof,

If you examine your manual from pages 18-22 you will clearly see the encoder connects from the Servo Motor to the Servo Driver. The drawing on page 18 is a clear depiction of what needs to happen. You do not have a cable on the SIG connector which is where the encoder attaches. You will also need to configure the Servo Driver with several parameters if you have not done that as well. The signals for step/direction from the LEAF board go into the I/F connector on the Servo Driver. This is all detailed in the manual.

Russ

SIG connector cable available. Without that cable, the servomotor does not work at all anyway, the servo drive is in error mode and does not play. I just applied the link on page 18. I / F connector is used to provide the connection between Leafboy77 and the servo drive. In other words, the servo inverter is reaching from the pulse I / F connector.

By the way, my English is not very good. I hope it is understandable.

catlakprof,
    Your English is much better than my Turkish. ha ha
    You are absolutely correct, the motor would not work at all without the encoder cable connected. The Servo driver get commanded to move and then watches the encoder signal to determine if the motor is moving in the right direction and the correct amount. As you said without the encoder cable attached the Servo drive will just go into ERROR mode complaining the encoder is not found. Correct, the I/F connector provides the connection to the Leadboy77 USB breakout board.

Originally you asked how to increase the accuracy of the motor with the encoder. The answer to that question if I really understand you issues is the Servo/Driver need to be TUNED. What does this mean? Most servo drivers have a routine you can execute to turn the servo connection. If this routine is not available, then it must be done manually. This is really changing feedback parameters in the PID that control the motor. When the servo drive is tuned to a given motor it will be very responsive and very accurate.

Is this what you are asking about?

Russ

Thank you

Yes the parameter setting program of the servo driver is available. The necessary parameter settings are made from there, so I can do that. I want to receive feedback from the servo drive via the I / F connector on the RS-232 port as well as the encoder card to the Mach3 program with the Leafboy77 control card.

I want to know what is the circuit you have done to connect the encoder to the ESS. I am wondering if I can apply the same one with Leafboy77.

catlakprof,
    If I understand you correctly you want to setup your system in double CLOSED LOOP. The servo driver closes the first loop, and you want MACH3 to close the second loop. Your driver supports differential outputs for A,A+,B,B+ which need to be fed back to Mach3. The ESS board does not provide provisions to do this directly. First you need to convert the differential signals to single ended signals. CNC4PC sells little boards that will take these signals and convert them to just A and B. Then you will use those output to come into input pins on the ESS probably on PORT3. Then you must configure the encoders in MACH3 and link those to the pins selected on the ESS for encoder inputs. You would need one of these little boards for each axis. The outputs on the I/F connector are pins 21,22,48,49

https://cnc4pc.com/c46-differential-...converter.html

Russ

I use 750 watt Yaskawa Ac Servo SGMP-08A and I connect my servo encoders directly to the ESS works perfect

Note I havent read all the posts just the header but I just thought I would throw this in

Cheer's

squirrel,
    You are correct, but if you connect the encoder inputs directly to the ESS, you will need 4 inputs on the ESS for each axis. So for a three axis machine that would require 12 inputs for the encoders. If you convert them to singled ended before you connect them to the ESS, you would only need six inputs.

Russ

I'm only useing 2 inputs for each axis A-B phase
    I have attached a pic of the RJ45 setup I use on all axis.

Page 3 of 4 1234