584,802 active members*
5,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Mill > Needed older ver 4.4 of Galil-st plugin install software

Needed older ver 4.4 of Galil-st plugin install software

I have a problem that I have been told can be solved by installing Galil-st.m3p ver 4.4 instead of the latest ver 4.6. I so far have been unable to find the old version, and Newfangled Solutions just says it is long gone. Does anyone out there have a copy they could e-mail me perhaps?

My problem is with a Galil DMC-1830 controller and Mach3, the DRO's do not change when the motors move, and the Reset button does not disable the motors. I may have forgotten to select Disable motors on Reset during install, but I am running servo motors and should not need to select anything regarding motors. Not sure if this will solve it, but S. Murphree suggest trying ver 4.4, although he does not have a copy.

Bob Butcher

Re: Needed older ver 4.4 of Galil-st plugin install software

I have had problems with Galil plugin MP3 ver 4.6. It will not allow me to config a second time, and the DROs do not seem to be related to the servo motor encoders, rather they seem only to change on motion commands from Mach3. For example, sending a MDI command of G31 X1 F30 will change the X-DRO to 1.000 even with power disconnected from the motor, and thus no encoder movement. Manually turning the motor and encoder produces no change in the DROs.
    This seems to occur with the DMC1750 Galil board as well.

Ver 4.4 of the Galil MP3 plugin seems to work correctly.

I now have a copy of ver 4.4 that I will share.

Would you be able to share the copy of the version 4.4 with me. Im having huge troubles with the 4.6 version

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgood View Post
    Would you be able to share the copy of the version 4.4 with me. Im having huge troubles with the 4.6 version
    Certainly I will. Send me your email address and I will email you a copy. First though, you might try something. I discovered I could get 4.6 to work if I did it right. You must delete the old 4.4 version from your Mach3/PlugIns folder (i.e. Galil.dll) Then copy Galil-St.dll into the folder, and it then works as it should. For some reason if both are in the folder at the same time, it does strange things. Ver 4.6 does have some features missing from ver 4.4
    If you still need it, email me at
    [email protected]

and I will send ver 4.4.

Bob