585,663 active members*
2,973 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question GE 1050 control on Leblond lathe

I'm looking at a nc lathe with a GE1050 control does anybody have an opinion on this control or anybody done a retro on such machine? any help would be great Thank's Kevin

I did a Mitsubishi retro on one some years ago, If the control is working, it is probabally only a question of time before you have problems and there is getting fewer and fewer people able to service them, 1050 parts are pretty scarce.
    The one original feature that some liked was the XZ could also follow handwheels set up like synchro's so that it could also be used in a pseudo manual fashion.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Depends which 1050 it is.If it is the version where it is all in a box with a screen then it is quite usable.If it is the older versions with the two line display then not so good although there are still hundreds of them in use.
    I just stripped an as new 1050H from a lathe which had been in a university for twentyfive years on a research project.I bought it to get the Hiak drives for spares for my own machines and to sell the control as spares.The operator panel is as it came out the factory,not a scratch on it.
    Before stripping it I powered it up,punched in a handful of parameters and it booted up and ran nicely.
    The lathe I sold to a guy on the Mach forum who is retrofitting it.
    Mark.

Hello,
    Do you know how can I get the manual for the HiACk servo drivers, model 2 , that came with a GE 1050 control. I want to retrofit a Brown & Sharpe 1500VC, with MACH3, but have no manuals.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge Martinez