Hi All,
I have just joined so Please be gentle,

I have a LaserPro Mercury II which I had the laser recharged on about a year ago and it has had fairly light use since then, it's 40W rated and after recharging it was able to output around 60W anyway.

I set a template to cut the other night then engrave and both tasks worked fine, I turned it off at the wall as I always do and left it for a day or so until I managed to find time to go back to my workshop and continue my work.

I powered my Cutter on and it said initialising please wait, this message never went away tho and I then noticed that the head wasn't moving as normal.

it move from left to right but not from top to bottom as normal (it normally sits in the bottom right corner nearest the LCD display then triangles up to the furthest point.)
at this stage It is then ready for use.

I have done some very basic checks of the cabling but have not found anything blindingly obvious and wondered if anyone has experience with these units.

I'm suspecting a stepper motor or motherboard at fault.
I have one last test to try which is to mount the rotating utility to see if this produces any other results.

anyone able to point my in the direction of where to look / fault find.............

I'm no laser expert and really hope someone here is able to help me out.

Kind regards
Terry