585,605 active members*
3,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fadal Load Meter

There are two different styles of load meter. ELE-0108 electronic bar graph and ELE-0114 needle style analog gauge.

My inverter/spindle drive is outputting voltage as it should. I was told 5v dc is 100% on the meter. I hooked up a computer power supply at 5v to the wires, adjusted the POT on the back of meter to 100%, but it still doesn't react and move right.

My problem is the meter isn't fluid. Back when it was new, that meter would rise and fall and you could really follow the load, now half the time it gets wedged at 20 or 30% and just stays there. Tap the panel above the meter and it falls back to 0 or wherever.

SO, my question is, is there any difference in using the bar graph or needle style gauge? Have any of you ever changed one of these out? It sure would be nice to have a load meter that actually does something.

Thanks for your help.
    HD

Re: Fadal Load Meter

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    There are two different styles of load meter. ELE-0108 electronic bar graph and ELE-0114 needle style analog gauge.

My inverter/spindle drive is outputting voltage as it should. I was told 5v dc is 100% on the meter. I hooked up a computer power supply at 5v to the wires, adjusted the POT on the back of meter to 100%, but it still doesn't react and move right.

My problem is the meter isn't fluid. Back when it was new, that meter would rise and fall and you could really follow the load, now half the time it gets wedged at 20 or 30% and just stays there. Tap the panel above the meter and it falls back to 0 or wherever.

SO, my question is, is there any difference in using the bar graph or needle style gauge? Have any of you ever changed one of these out? It sure would be nice to have a load meter that actually does something.

Thanks for your help.
    HD
    Did you ever get this taken care of?I also have a fadal with a dead analog load meter and want to switch it to digital.

I too would like to know if ended up replacing and if so what meter was used.
    There are many Fadal Load Meter thread, none with any results or answers. Maybe their not worth the time...

Still looking so far

I have a retrofitted 94 fadal 4020 with mitsubishi vfd and i fed load signal to controller, scaled voltage and output it again to digital display to read 0-100%.

Even after this trouble its still useless. The load without cutting anything is all over the place as you change rpm. And it doesnt even respond properly as you take a cut. It actually drops slightly with a light load before increasing.

Seems like the analog meters are really easy to break and even with a working meter, the signal from the drive isnt very helpful anyway in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post

Thanks for your help.
    HD
    ITSCNC now offers a panel mount (LED) digital spindle load meter that replaces the analog load meter. Attached is a link to the product:

https://itscnc.com/ele-0108-p-884.ht...egory_path=323

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by billsnogo View Post
    Did you ever get this taken care of?I also have a fadal with a dead analog load meter and want to switch it to digital.
    ITSCNC now offers a panel mount (LED) digital spindle load meter that replaces the analog load meter. Attached is a link to the product:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SSOKIE View Post
    I too would like to know if ended up replacing and if so what meter was used.
    There are many Fadal Load Meter thread, none with any results or answers. Maybe their not worth the time...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    I have a retrofitted 94 fadal 4020 with mitsubishi vfd and i fed load signal to controller, scaled voltage and output it again to digital display to read 0-100%.

Even after this trouble its still useless. The load without cutting anything is all over the place as you change rpm. And it doesnt even respond properly as you take a cut. It actually drops slightly with a light load before increasing.

Seems like the analog meters are really easy to break and even with a working meter, the signal from the drive isnt very helpful anyway in my case.

They are most often used in building constructions. The stress of the surface and the mass of the test material are measured. The main element of a string strain gauge is a tightly tensioned string, adjustable by means of screws. It is placed between two blades.

The measurement is carried out by means of vibrating and resonant vibrations. Strained strings stretched between the blades are subjected to testing. But we must know how to use strain gauge (https://911electronic.com/strain-gauge/) and to glue it to surface.