hello everybody,

i'm currently setting up a Bodor machine (chinese, with RDWorks) and i have a strange problem. i can use the LCD panel to move the X, Y and Z axis just fine. the display shows the correct position and updates correctly when moving the head with the arrows.

then, i set the origin, choose a job, click "frame", and the head just moves around the cutting area. fine. both x and y directions are ok.

i launch the job : x and y move up to the start point, laser ignites and then only the X-axis is moving. so, all i get is an horizontal line, but the lcd display is ok : the cross follows the cutting pattern along both axis, and the coordinates are moving, exactly as if the y-axis was working.

after that, the y-axis is definitely dead : if i use the arrows, the display changes coordinates, but it won't move. resetting the axis origin doesn't work either, since the head does not move the process never ends.

after a full stop and restart of the machine, the y-axis works.. until the laser fires!

if i just "pulse", it is sufficient to break the y-axis, and it won't work again until complete stop!

but i have been able to complete some drawings correctly after a long pause.. one is ok, 2nd changing power/speed value, still ok, 3rd KO and then all are failed. i have not have time to redo a full "sleep" of the machine then test, but i might (maybe) work.

any idea? it seems there is no error message either on the LCD or in RDWorks, the machine just doesn't move along the y-axis while currently believing it is (following correctly the pattern when cutting, and changing y-coordinate when moving with arrows).