585,925 active members*
3,597 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

laser engraver wavy lines

Hi everyone, Really in need of some help. I haven't gotten very far with technical support from the company. Instead of getting a straight line I get a wavy line.
    Attachment 332810
    I have checked the lens, alignment, software and belts.Screws on the top of the head are tight.
    There is a noise as the head moves along the x axis. The head can also be moved if I push on it. My laser engraver is a redsail m900
    any help would be appreciated
    Sue

Re: laser engraver wavy lines

Quote Originally Posted by underhide View Post
    Hi everyone, Really in need of some help. I haven't gotten very far with technical support from the company. Instead of getting a straight line I get a wavy line.
    Attachment 332810
    I have checked the lens, alignment, software and belts.Screws on the top of the head are tight.
    There is a noise as the head moves along the x axis. The head can also be moved if I push on it. My laser engraver is a redsail m900
    any help would be appreciated
    Sue
    Attachment 332812
    Picture of the head setup

abviously x mechanical problem, check x axis gears connection parts loosed, is there a hole inside gears for fasten them, a quite small screw in it. just check

Chencan cnc router from 1998.
    skype marylee0411

check the belt tension also it there is a noise I would see what is causing it. dirt or maybe a bad spot in the belt

There are three nylon wheels that focus head rides upon the X rail. Make sure that the wheels are tight against the rail. I have seen situations where the pivot arm of the tension wheel is not correctly pivoting. In one case the pivot arm was incorrectly manufactured and the tension arm could not physically keep the focus head from moving or lifting . This caused double image and waving lines.

Grab the focus head from below and try twisting it left and right in the direction of the X rail (you are not trying to move the belts, you are trying to make sure that the focus head has no run-out or lifting in relation to the X rail). It should not move. If it does, repair the tension assembly as needed. You might also have a X axis belt drive pulley loose. Use an allen wrench to tighten the X drive belt pulley. Do not over tighten, you do not want to round-out the allen wrench or the allen screw in the pulley. Good luck!