585,761 active members*
4,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Anyone Having Problems Getting in touch with CNC bridges/Harlow Ind.??

Anyone Having Problems Getting in touch with CNC bridges/Harlow Ind.??

Ordered some Sieg X2 parts from them and have yet to recieve any info on shipment or contact from them. Ordered In november and have yet to recieve anything and have tried to contact twice.

I belive he is running behind on production of the bases, i ordered one in november as well. Try posting in his thread in the new products section, he usually will respond there.

I have had an email dialog with DeWayne regarding same. I ordered the full X2 conversion kit in early November.

They are indeed behind in production as they had to do some redesign and more setup for doing production quantity style work.

DeWayne has said he is in a mode where family and friends know not to bug him right now as he is so intent on catching up and filling the orders.

If everything goes as planned as of late, DeWayne said my oder should ship sometime around the first week of January 07.

I could cancel but have decided to wait. I am rooting for their success.

George

Yeah it seems for some reason his emails were showing up as spam.. Found it.. Got in touch with me today. not sure if I can wait...

Quote Originally Posted by gtschance View Post
    If everything goes as planned as of late, DeWayne said my oder should ship sometime around the first week of January 07.
    George
    Did you receive your mill table? This is the first week in February, one month after you were supposed to receive your late shipment and about four months since you ordered. The website now says 30-45 days. I ordered and pasid for my table 8 days ago. I have heard of no tables that have been shipped from CNCBridges. I would love to hear that you or anyone else has received one.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

I don't think anyone has received one yet. Mine was ordered in mid november. Some design changes have set back the release date but from his thread they are supposed to start shipping soon.

yeah my z axis column assembly was going to be ready a week or so ago. I think I'm just gonna have to order a cnc fusion one instead. My parts from them came in like 3 days after ordering. I'm sure he's working hard at it but I think he's just over his head.

I'm sure he's working hard at it but I think he's just over his head.
    Well put. Over my head as to what can be done in a day.

Just hang in for a few more days and you’ll see.

If anyone wants a refund contact me. Not a problem.

thanks,
    Harlow
    http://cncbridges.com/

Barry,

As already noted, none have shipped.

I am hanging in, at least for a while since it appears it is finally close. I must confess that I would very likely pull the plug if there are any more major delays.

Since my machining plan is for some individual R&D work for myself, I am not driven by a critical schedule. I am only driven by my personality and practice of rapid excecution of plans once decisions (like placing orders) are made. It is in fact extremely rare for me to have been this patient.

Your observation on the amount of time is not exactly correct. Mine was ordered November 6 - if it arrives some time soon it would be about 90 days or 3 months.

George

Quote Originally Posted by gtschance View Post
    Barry,

Your observation on the amount of time is not exactly correct. Mine was ordered November 6 - if it arrives some time soon it would be about 90 days or 3 months.

George
    Hi George:

I emailed DeWayne a couple of days ago and he assured me that the first tables to ship will be going out on 2-6-07 or 2-7-07.

I understand that things can happen and that delivery dates can be pushed out. My own order is very new and not overdue. I was simply asking if any orders had been shipped which is a question that was not answered or perhaps I missed the answer.

In my own business I was pressured early on to take payments for product that was not ready but I refused. That was over a year ago and like DeWayne, I ran into some unforseen problems. The cost of having a punch press company make parts for my cameras was so high I thought I could retrofit my minimill with CNC equipment for less than a single order of parts. I did that but had real problems with the ballscrews provided by CNC Fusion. They had more than .015 inch backlash. Then I had a back injury. Then I had three vehicles break down within a week. So I do understand when things go wrong. That is why more than a year later I still have no product to ship. I will not have any until I get DeWaynes table under my spindle. Luckily I did not take anybodies money.

The whole thing can get overwhelming. I just hope things work out for DeWayne in a very good way. CNCBridges is obviously capable of dreaming up new and innovative solutions to hobby CNC problems. I very much want to see them succeed.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company