585,717 active members*
3,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

C6 SRAM Freespace = -1

Got power to the RH20 today. -'99 C6. On power up it scrolls through some text then I get this, SRAM Freespace = -1, and not much else. I even had a floppy ready to make a backup disk -none included with mill. Seller had a video at his location from April which may or may not be when it was last ran. Did the battery die? Didn't see any loose connections in the panel.

Re: C6 SRAM Freespace = -1

Hi Morty, you either ran out of parts space. or you ran out of CMOS battery.

On boot up you will see a count down for 9 --0 press eneter and press F1 to enter the Dos shell. press F2 to set up SRAM, answer Y to all questions. press ENTER when asked to insert disk B, " it is an electronics drive" It will reformate the "B drive" and load a set of default parameters .Press <esc> to "boot to "CNC". the control will boot up. this is where you need a "machine parameter disk. OR you need the machine parameter print out to " fat finger" the parameter settings. ( 30 seconds with a disk) 30 mins without a disk and the print out.

If you got neither one, well, There is this "PIPER" guy ya gota pay.

PM me with your machine S/N. I will try to help "avoid " that piper guy.

Bob M

I was pm'ing you while you where here. I got neither

Hi Morty, I got your PM and answered. The site seems SLOW tonight.

I will check back in the AM

sportybob

Getting the battery replaced and some parameters loaded has it running again. However, I can't get the spindle to run or the manual tool change button to work? Do I have to have a tool in for it to run? I tried a drill cycle and wrote a short program. The axis' go through the motions and the display lists the programmed speed but says spindle off. The vfd shows 0 hertz. No error messages.

On one of the info screens, I think. it shows a NCB board number followed by No Spindle.

Hi Tim, You told me you had a "manual" spindle. with the speed set with a crank handle on the side of the head. Now you mention a 0hz on a VFD. which do you have?

Call me

Sportybob

Hi, Sorry I had you confused with a guy who has a MB20 machine.
    RH20 by definition is a "auto" spindle.
    I assume that after replacing the battery you did a SRAM set up, This loads a default" set of parameters to get the machine to boot up. You would then load a parameter disk with the factory files.

1. do you have the red elect / mech manual with the parameter print out? .
    2. if so, did you go thru the list and enter the "correct" values?
    3. you will need the correct NCB files for YOUR machine.

contact me directly I can help you get these. I will need to know some more about your machine. Type of tool changer / no tool changer things like that.

sportybob

I got the parameters from you on friday and have them loaded and double checked. Are there separate NCB files other than whats in the parameter print out? I wouldn't have that.

No tool changer, just a push button to release the pull stud and rigid tapping.

After finding the misplaced ! NCB files and loading them it finally is running again. I haven't used DOS in ages so it was a bit of a challenge.

Now that all is working, MAKE a back up copy of the parameters.

Insert a blank floppy into the floppy drive. you have SLS software, so press F10 (util) F10 (prams) F6 (save). It will make a parameter disk.

For those of you that have CNC software ir is F7(prams) F6 (save)

Do this today, tomorrow may be too late.

sportybob

Any idea why I don't have a F6(save) key under F10 (util) F10 (prams)? While reading the SLS manual it also shows some other keys I don't have.

Attachment 334094

Quote Originally Posted by MortyNTenon View Post
    Any idea why I don't have a F6(save) key under F10 (util) F10 (prams)? While reading the SLS manual it also shows some other keys I don't have.

Attachment 334094

Sorry, SLS does not have a direct "save" ,, goto programs, files, save and arrow down and select parameters.

sportybob

It is faster to call or email direct.

sportybob