585,778 active members*
4,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > Uccnc version 1.2022 available now for download

Uccnc version 1.2022 available now for download

As per title...

http://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html

Rob

Re: Uccnc version 1.2022 available now for download

Thanks !

I downloaded this version. It has the "Loadfile" function I wanted to test, even it was resolved for some 2 weeks ago (with thanks to user Olfcnc).
    Even that is working well, I had no issues. Even on version 1.2xxx I can not do a Loadfile and then call a Cycle Start button, the UCcnc software will freeze
    even after making some very long delays with 2000 or 6000 msec between functions calls.( I feel this must be a problem of initializing some internal subroutines.)

But no problem here since I have found a new workarround : making 2 sepparate M codes, and calling both macros one from another. This way I can make
    Loadfile of a Gcode file, and then make a Cycle Start so the machine will start automatically a special task without any intervention from outside.
    (We had this function implemented in Mach3 as other softwares and was a piece of cake)

My question is the following :

Somebody knows if the v. 1.2xxx has a USER password, so we can hide the configuration of motors, spindles and i/o to a simple operator of a machine ?
    We work with automation, and we can not let an operator of the cnc , missconfigure or play arround with sensible internal configurations ! It can hurt somebody
    or break a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    As per title...

CNCdrive - motion controls

Rob

I did notice the Loadfile and Isloading functions in the new docs.
    Did you try the Isloading to wait for the file to load before cycle start in the macro?
    I copy from the docs for you:

Function: bool IsLoading(void)
    Description: The function returns true if the software is loading a g-code file and returns false if no file is being loaded.
    Example: while(exec.IsLoading()){}

I don't know about password protection, I think I read in the cncdrive forum that it was added but did not see the function in the software so far,
    although I just installed the new version a few hours ago, so maybe it's there hiding somewhere.

I tested this to help you out, here is the code which works perfectly for me with 1.2022:

exec.Loadfile("C:/UCCNC/Example_codes/Simplespiral.tap");
    while(exec.IsLoading()){}
    exec.Callbutton(128);

Excellent ! Olfcnc I will try this. If you say this works well,this is fine ! // In case of trouble I tell you.

In case any other user knows something about the ** User Password... ** it would be a great improvement.
    B.regards

Yep, I ran the code several times now with loading shorter and longer codes and it works without issues.
    I was also curious about the Password protection and found it in the users guide:

3.8.1 .Operator (un)lock
    To lock the setting of the current profile press the Operator (un)lock button and type in a
    password. If a password is set then the settings can't be changed, because the Apply settings
    and Save settings buttons will not allow the new settings to be applied and saved, but the
    software will ask for the password. If the correct password is typed then the profile gets
    unlocked and it will again allow applying and saving the settings.