584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam Verify command

Mastercam Verify command

Hello Everyone

I use to have an old version of mastercam ( MX3) where the '' verify '' ( the command that show you on the screen what will your cnc cutter do to your material) was working great.
    Now with the new version , that verify command is openning in a new window and you have to caliber all the time how it will show. Does anyone know how to get back to the old verify command . I work much more faster the old way .
    I really thought the new version of mastercam would simplify it , but its worse then before .

thanks for any advice
    really appreciated
    Patrick

Re: Mastercam Verify command

The 'new' verify is clunkier to use but it is MUCH more accurate and supports multi-axis MUCH better than the 'old' verify.
    It's one of the things that you need to get used to.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Patrick,

what do you mean you have to caliber all the time? i'm trying to understand what you mean by that, also no you can't go to the older version unless you revert to an older version of mastercam unfortunately. I myself do love the new window verify due to having two monitors and i can easily update toolpath while the verify is running. I never had issues with it, but as soon as you use it once, the options should save for you automatically. Everything is setup in the simulation just like i want, i don't have to play around with all my options once i set them all up. Also what is the new version that you have? they came up with this in X7, do you have X9?

old verify can use an solid part as a stock,but now ,x9 how to cut a solid stock?

in the stock setup, you can select your solid to be your stock. under shapes, select solid and click on the arrow next to it and select the solid you want to use as your stock. It has nothing to do with the verify option, this has been the same for all x versions

Quote Originally Posted by VTPROS View Post
    in the stock setup, you can select your solid to be your stock. under shapes, select solid and click on the arrow next to it and select the solid you want to use as your stock. It has nothing to do with the verify option, this has been the same for all x versions
    Thanks.