585,722 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Cold Start Position Verification - Digital Input Wiring??

Cold Start Position Verification - Digital Input Wiring??

I have had a problem with operators running programs with an incorrect cold start position for the Y-axis. Is there a solution that can be integrated into the VMC4020 controls to either establish the position is correct before the program can advance or some sort of absolute encoder?

At the very least is it possible to provide an input to the controls that the program could check for via IF statement.? I was thinking of using a Keyence laser distance sensor to measure the position and provide a digital input to the machine that it was ok so the program could go to the next line???

Re: Cold Start Position Verification - Digital Input Wiring??

[QUOTE=jflynn43;1944750]I have had a problem with operators running programs with an incorrect cold start position for the Y-axis.

Jflynn43
    I'm curios as to how your operators are losing cold start position. Don't you set CS and then home it out at power down? Then Cold start again at power up?.

The machine doesn't lose the CS position, it is just done in the wrong position for whatever reason. I am more or less looking to error proof that the y-axis is in the correct position before it creates scrap or a bad part gets to the customer.

What i did to make it easy on my operators( i was having same problem with them not putting it in the right spot) is set machine home so that the Y axis is -8.000 for CS position, that way you don't even have to look at the marks, Just make sure X and Z are at 0, and Y is -8.000. haven't had them shut it down wrong since(knock on wood)