585,589 active members*
3,117 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > JMC closed loop steppers (similar to Leadshine) - anyone have any experience?

JMC closed loop steppers (similar to Leadshine) - anyone have any experience?

I'm replacing the original Nema34 steppers on my 1980 Fehlmann Picomax 50 cnc. I was thinking about Leadshine, but came across JMC closed loops steppers on eBay - CNC Hybrid Closed loop Stepper Servo 2HSS86 Driver + 4.5N.M Servo Motor +Encoder | eBay

Anyone had any experience?

I'm especially impressed with their customer service. I'm really impressed with the parts I got from them.

I have their 12nm (1800 oz-in) closed loop motors and drives.
    They came with a handheld tuner for the drives. You don't really need to tune them, but I tightened up some of the parameters.

The manual for the drives is pretty good. You need it if you use the tuner.

Their sales rep was excellent. I'll find his contact info

By the way, I have 2HSS86H drives and 86j18156ec-1000 motors, with 1000 line encoders.

He let me order custom length encoder cables.

Shipping was very fast

I was most impressed Michael, the sales rep. He answered a million questions, was always available.

I recommend you go directly through him

His email is [email protected]
    You can reach him in on the JMC Website: www.jmc-driver.com

Shenzhen Just Motion Control Electromechanics Co.,Ltd.

Re: JMC closed loop steppers (similar to Leadshine) - anyone have any experience?

randy,
    What BOB do you use? Do you use ethernet?

Re: JMC closed loop steppers (similar to Leadshine) - anyone have any experience?

Thanks for the replies. How do you find the quality of the JMC motors and driver?

I use an Ethernet smoothstepper, and a smothstepper BOB from CNC4PC. I don't recall which one.

I've used a generic Sainsmart board from amazon, it seems to do the job too.

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    randy,
    What BOB do you use? Do you use ethernet?

Quality of those motors seems really good. The drives look seem really good too. I took the cover off, the boards look good.

I have 4 of the NEMA 23 2Nm 285ozin iHSS57-36-20 drives and 6 of the NEMA 24 3Nm 425ozin iHSS60-36-30 drives. I'm really loving the drives, I haven't used the PED (on station) signalling yet, I do use the ALM to trip estop. I have a X2 mini mill using the 3Nm NEMA 24 drives and I've had zero problems on Y and Z, though on X I have ALM'd out serveral time when I have gotten a chip stuck in the dovetail and jammed the axis a bit. I'm working on shielding the dovetail better with felts and adding an one stop oilier for the ways. It's a new X2 so the ways are pretty rough and I'm experiencing some striction as well. If I run an excercise gcode to "warm up" the X, I then have no problems except for a chip causing binding. A larger NEMA34 stepper would have no problems powering through a chip bind, but that's rough on the ways.
    Robi

So, is it cheaper than Leadshine one?

Quote Originally Posted by raychar1234 View Post
    So, is it cheaper than Leadshine one?
    From what I've seen of Leadshine pricing, yes they are a bit cheaper.
    Robi