584,842 active members*
4,342 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam 2017 Help / Training / Questions

Lightbulb Mastercam 2017 Help / Training / Questions

Hey everyone, if anyone has any questions about Mastercam 2017, please feel free to ask me here or PM me. I'm not on this forum as much as i'd like but would love to help in anyway i can.

I've had 2017 few month before it's released and has become very proficient on it and it's new features and really want to make an effort to help those in need of transitioning.

If i don't reply back fast enough on here, please PM me as i get a notification with each PM and will be able to respond faster.

For 2017 Training you're welcome to also check out my website vtpros.net

Moussa Sleiman
    CEO/Instructor
    vtpros.net

Re: Mastercam 2017 Help / Training / Questions

We have a proven engraving program that we have used in an NLX lathe. We changed the text in the program and have issues where the text now does not engrave full letters in random spots. We checked the endmill, material, and depth of cut, speeds, and feeds and all are the same. Is it a post processor issue? The class would be grateful for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by usinf View Post
    We have a proven engraving program that we have used in an NLX lathe. We changed the text in the program and have issues where the text now does not engrave full letters in random spots. We checked the endmill, material, and depth of cut, speeds, and feeds and all are the same. Is it a post processor issue? The class would be grateful for any help.
    Are you programming this with mastercam. We do not know if the post is the issue as we do not have enough info.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Are you programming this with mastercam. We do not know if the post is the issue as we do not have enough info.
    The programming was written in MasterCam 17. We were thinking it was the post processor since the letter skips are partial and random. It will lose part of a "A" or extend a "S". It happens in random spots. My other thought it might by the look ahead buffer in the NLX250.

Will most likely be seeking some advice in near future. New to Mastercam Lathe 2017 and I have to create turn profiles from "stp" file and run toolpaths. Started practicing with a Solid Works tutuorial.

Cam

Cam62,
    the turn profile option is there under the wireframe tab.
    But also based on the shapes of your solids you can just use the solid selection option.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I have personally used VTPROS ,,,purchased from a website Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay ,,purcashed mastercam dvds and they are spot on,,,i typically use alphacam when i do my installs,,,but these guys are spot on,,,

keysoftwareservice.com

Thank you for your input.
    Cadcam