584,863 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > So how much is a Fadal VMC15XT worth these days?

So how much is a Fadal VMC15XT worth these days?

It has had extensive fixes in the last 5-7 years.
    Spindle,
    spindle motor,
    spindle belt,
    Z-axis servo motor this year,
    Y axis servo motor this year,
    X axis ball screw and bearings,
    Y axis ball screw and bearings this year,
    Z axis ball screw this year.
    Spindle drawbar force is 1000lbs last time I checked in the spring.

Baldor H2 spindle inverter/drive replaced too.
    Two super bright LED flood lamps in there too.

Includes 4th axis board, amp, wiring, solenoid and dummy plug. Does NOT include the actual rotary table as I am using that on my other machine,but plug in a fadal rotary and it will work.

Is $10,000 too high, too low? It's dirty and well used, but I bought it brand new. I'm using it every day, but if I pull the trigger on a new machine, it has got to go. Just need to know what to ask for it to move it along fairly quickly.

Thanks

Re: So how much is a Fadal VMC15XT worth these days?

I recently bought a well used VMC15 with 4th axis 5c and full tooling pkg. and phase converter for $12,500 from private sale.
    No major repairs have been done on it far as I can tell and it puts parts on the floor all day long.

A good VMC15 is worth 15K all day long. There are more machines on the market than there has ever been. That means there are a lot of fixer uppers being sold by many different parties as spec'ed but may not be very healthy machines. I would gladly pay more for a Fadal that had a billion hours but has lots of things replaced than an average machine you have to dump a few K into. If you got 2 machines for $12,500 you got a screaming deal. The Fadal brand has shown to pass the test of time as the originators put in everthing a CNC needs (pitch comp, comp in many places, encoder and tach, Boxed ways or Linear ways that can be replaced and good oiling systems and precision ballscrews and great spindles....yada yada yada). It amazing what you can get for your money these days. There are even major advancements in control speed for the older Fadals. One of the biggest things lagging them behind newer machines are the slow tool change times and chip control. BUT if your not competing for every millisecond they are GREAT machines.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

maintained 15k easy