585,712 active members*
4,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DIY CNC router table help

I bought this diy table used. Everything was working when purchased but the seller stated the pc would freeze up after a few minutes due to a bad power supply. We transported the table and set it back up. Everything started back working but after a few minutes the computer did freeze up as expected. I tried a few things with the pc and realized it would be best to try another computer. The previous owner was also using mach2 and while trying different things I changed a view somewhere and I no longer could see the reset button. After this I have not been able to get the motors to respond at all. I tried all the views and profile he had in the computer and nothing works. I decided to go ahead with mach 3 and changed computers. I have configured and connected everything back up but can not get the motors to respond. No movement or sound from them at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: DIY CNC router table help

Does your new computer have a parallel port? Is the operating system some 32-bit version of Windows? Have you tried downloading a recent, stable (but not final) version of Mach3 and installing it? Have you gone into BIOS and made sure the parallel port is running in EPP mode?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Yes the parallel port is attached on a 32 bit windows. I downloaded the mach 3 soft new and the port is in EPP mode. I did have some configuration wrong on my motors but was able to get the manual for my breakout board and confirmed the right pins. I can still not get the motors to move.

Are you using the same cables that worked before? Do you see the reset button now? Is Mach3 in estop?
    Andrew Werby
    Website