584,829 active members*
4,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Redsail CM1690 - U-Axis question

Hi All,

I just got my Redsail CM1690 laser cutter setup and I am trying to run it now and not having much luck. I've searched online for proper manuals and searched thru the forum for quiet awhile before I decided I was safe to post.

When adjusting the U-Axis, the machine will not travel all the way up (about 6" of travel left on the worm gears). I see there is a pressure switch on the head, I am assuming this is so the machine will know if the table is going to hit the head, but the table stays to far away.

Also when I hit Start on the machine, the laser doesn't turn on, it just runs through the program not cutting.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Nick

Hi Nick
    measure the distance from the machine bed opening to the top of the moveable bed in all 4 corners, are they all within 1/2mm, if they are more than a few mm out the bed could have twisted. This is usually caused but dirt on the leadscrews, clean them off and lubricate them, if it has twisted you need to level it out again

Re: Redsail CM1690 - U-Axis question

Hi, we just bought a similar machines and are having the exact same problem. I measured the opening and there appears to be some tilt in the bed (about 10 mm left-right, not much front-back). However, it doesn't appear to be "binding", it's like it's seeing a software stop but nowhere near the limit switch (at least 4" below that). I'm having a hard time believing the factory didn't level and test before shipping and don't want to start repairing it from the get-go without being more cautious. I'm still learning the machine and all the other axis seem fine. Any suggestions?

Also, forgot to mention, you can actually run the u-axis into the stepper motors at the bottom (luckily I determined that through very careful jogging and not a hard crash). Overall, I'm just thinking they didn't set this up correctly.

Thanks,
    BB

Re: Redsail CM1690 - U-Axis question

For me this was solved by changing the polarity of the stop switch in the machine config and then resetting the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by biederboat View Post
    Hi, we just bought a similar machines and are having the exact same problem. I measured the opening and there appears to be some tilt in the bed (about 10 mm left-right, not much front-back). However, it doesn't appear to be "binding", it's like it's seeing a software stop but nowhere near the limit switch (at least 4" below that). I'm having a hard time believing the factory didn't level and test before shipping and don't want to start repairing it from the get-go without being more cautious. I'm still learning the machine and all the other axis seem fine. Any suggestions?

Also, forgot to mention, you can actually run the u-axis into the stepper motors at the bottom (luckily I determined that through very careful jogging and not a hard crash). Overall, I'm just thinking they didn't set this up correctly.

Thanks,
    BB