585,567 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > using mastercam for solidworks

using mastercam for solidworks

hello there

i take my first steps with mastercam for solidworks (wood working) and i have 2 questions:

1. how do i nest in solidworks my 3d model for cnc routing (including toolpaths)?
    until now i used only mastercam and used "solid disassemble" action.

2. where can i find instructions / manual / case studies to learn the practice of matercam for solidworks?

thanks lot!

Re: using mastercam for solidworks

Here are some extensive training in Mastercam for Solidworks both Mill & Lathe:

Mastercam For Solidworks - Mill:

Mastercam x8 x9 for SolidWorks Mill Video Tutorial 720P HD Quality Training | eBay

Mastercam For Solidworks - Lathe:

Mastercam x8 x9 for SolidWorks Lathe Video Tutorial 720P HD Quality Training | eBay

They are also available on vtpros.net

hello again

if someone can help me to understand how can i disassemble the parts on the plate?
    i work in wood factory and i have stock of 1220X2440 and i want to nest all parts on the plate and i cant made it in mastercam for solidworks 2016.

today i work only in mastercam X9 and i have a button "solid disassemble" that make great work with the parts and then i made nesting.
    in the new software "mastercam for solidworks" i dont have this button.
    how can i make it?

thanks lot

you need to learn how to use solid works. there are no videos for how to do nesting in Mc4SW as I know of now. I would be surprised if VTPROS has a how to turn your parts in SW to Nest for MC4SW.

You need to get with your Mastercam dealer for a little show and tell on how to do this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

you're right we don't for X9 and previous version, But there will be in version 2017 and beyond. I was surprised as well when i noticed not much about nesting out there, I'm dedicated to create some quality nesting tutorials coming out very shortly

Hello
    When i am programing 2 operations (ex: pocketing) one after another, why at the second pocket i edit the first one?
    How do i add other pockets with different tool sizes?