585,597 active members*
3,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking to buy a CNC Router, need help on brands

Looking to buy a CNC Router, need help on brands

I have been thinking about a CNC Router for some time, been doing lots of reading to help educate myself but still am unsure of the right machine. I have narrowed my choices to a CNCRouterParts kit Pro4848, Fineline Saturn 4x4 Kit, Probotix Nebula Machine or a Camaster Stinger 1. I know these are very different machines but looking for anyone that has dealt with these companies and some honest reviews of the machines.

Re: Looking to buy a CNC Router, need help on brands

I'd throw the Probotix out of the list, as it's a step down from the others.

There may not even be any Saturns running yet, as it's brand new. There are two build being documented here right now.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Everything I know says the best value of those 4 will be the CNCRouterParts Pro4848. I have a standard 4896 and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    Everything I know says the best value of those 4 will be the CNCRouterParts Pro4848. I have a standard 4896 and love it.
    Does anyone know where mfg for AutoKarve and DigiTool are located. Not cnc experts. But mfg. Am trying to see manuals etc. And if there are reviews. Any information I can get

Evening y'all,
    I am looking at cnc machines as a new endeavor. Been doing the usual online searches but I wanted to know if anyone here can recommend a machine that works in local conditions and works well and also if any of you are in or around the Cape so that I can come have a look before I purchase. I have also been looking at the CNC Router Parts but my business partner isnt convinced with it and is more interested in the Axiom brand.
    Anyy assistance would be appreciated. thank you.

If this is for a business venture, define your needs and choose the machine that best meets them. If this is more hobby oriented then which machine probably doesn’t matter though I’d look for ease of use and good documentation.

From my perspective when buying a light weight machine there will always be issues with robustness of build. How much that matters depends upon your usage.