584,866 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

My Chinese CNC Router Purchase 1325B

Hi All,

I just wanted to start a thread giving information about my recent purchase of a 1325B CNC router machine from Mandy at JCUT CNC in Jinan China. As I write this, the machine is en route to the port of Qingdao where it will load onto a ship and eventually be retrieved by me at a local warehouse in North Carolina. I still have to figure out how to pick it up. I am thinking of renting a shed trailer and that loading will be done with a fork lift. Getting it off the trailer into my garage is going to be the hard part!

Mandy was very helpful through the entire process (thus far). She helped me home in on what I actually wanted. She also added in a few extras for what I thought was a very good deal! The machine has a 1300x2500mm working area. I opted for the 300mm Z-axis as opposed to the standard 200mm. I also went with a 200x1300mm 4th axis. For the spindle I went with an air cooled 3.5KW unit. I went with the "water channel" which will allow me to do flood coolant (I think). I plan to cut hard and soft woods, aluminum, epoxy resin for molds, and plastics.

I initially started an account on this forum to get information about building my own machine. I realized after 2 months of design that I would be silly not to just go ahead and buy a machine. I don't want to be in the business of making machines, I want to get to making parts! I spoke with a few different machine suppliers, but Mandy seemed to be the most knowledgeable and able to answer my questions quickly. If anyone else is considering buying a Chinese machine, let me know if I can help answer any questions.

I will be updating this post with pictures!

Re: My Chinese CNC Router Purchase 1325B

Any updates? I just purchased a similar machine and I'm curious how you wired your machine up. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by jwilcott View Post
    Any updates? I just purchased a similar machine and I'm curious how you wired your machine up. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    I am still anxiously waiting for the machine to show up at a warehouse in Raleigh. I was told November 15th it should be there. Looking at the ISF+2 i was able to determine which ship my machine is on and somewhat track its progress. I think the tracking turns off when the ship makes the long journey from China to the Panama canal because I have not seen an update since the 12th. I know it has made several stops in China, Korea, and Japan.

As for the wiring, I was told 20A 240V would be plenty for my machine. I made a cable from 10 feet of 12ga cord and i plan to use that to wire it up. As for the coolant pump, i was told i will need a transformer to convert our 120VAC to 220VAC because they cant handle the out of phase 240V we have here in the US. Supposedly the PS in the control panel can handle it just fine but the pumps, if you have any, will need a transformer.

That's one heck of a fourth axis! Keep us posted.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

that seems to be a long time to get a machine overseas. i was looking at some and was hoping to get it in a month or 2

Quote Originally Posted by moparx12 View Post
    I am still anxiously waiting for the machine to show up at a warehouse in Raleigh. I was told November 15th it should be there. Looking at the ISF+2 i was able to determine which ship my machine is on and somewhat track its progress. I think the tracking turns off when the ship makes the long journey from China to the Panama canal because I have not seen an update since the 12th. I know it has made several stops in China, Korea, and Japan.

As for the wiring, I was told 20A 240V would be plenty for my machine. I made a cable from 10 feet of 12ga cord and i plan to use that to wire it up. As for the coolant pump, i was told i will need a transformer to convert our 120VAC to 220VAC because they cant handle the out of phase 240V we have here in the US. Supposedly the PS in the control panel can handle it just fine but the pumps, if you have any, will need a transformer.

My machine left Qingdao i think on October 7th. It should land in NY sometime around November 7th. The additional week is to truck the machine to Raleigh where I can then go and get it. It does seem like a long wait but it may just be the particular schedule of the boat this time, not sure. So for me, its looking like about 5 1/2 weeks from payment to delivery.

I hope you have better luck with your machines, I´m having blast with mine. I think also your coolant pump is aquarium pump, so its not big deal also to just buy locally Eheim or other brand with 120V. Cost and simplicity wise I think would make sense instead of getting transformer to convert 240V. Might be better to receive and confirm what it is before spending on transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by hokkaju76 View Post
    I hope you have better luck with your machines, I´m having blast with mine. I think also your coolant pump is aquarium pump, so its not big deal also to just buy locally Eheim or other brand with 120V. Cost and simplicity wise I think would make sense instead of getting transformer to convert 240V. Might be better to receive and confirm what it is before spending on transformer.
    Thanks. I think that's a good idea... the pump probably isn't very expensive to just buy one from ebay or amazon for an aquarium. Any idea on head and flow rate i might need? the machine has two nozzles.

?????? ??3??? DK-3000-60W????? ?????

Pump what I have for my two nozzle is DK-3000. See link abowe for specs or google yourselves there are many links available.
    Same pump is also used for my 2.2kw spindle.

You get similar 3000 litres/h pumps from many supplies.

I have bought before Eheim pump for laser project and I was really surprised about how much it could push water from its output which was about 10mm (3/8") Cost was about 25-30 €, which will be about 30-35$. So we are not talking about big money here. I think you spend more on trafo than value of your pump.

And I have hold both of them in my hands... Well its not too difficult to tell which was German made.

Though one I have tried works fine for spindle, so its not justified to claim it being bad value.

UPDATE

Ok, so yesterday all of a sudden I was getting calls and emails because the boat finally stopped at the NY port. Unfortunately, the agent used by the carrier (Binex Line Corp.) decided to send me the arrival notice at the last minute instead of days before. To make sure I don't delay them and incur extra charges, I had to overnight them (Binex) a money order to cover their costs at the port. The arrival notice showed the exact dollar amount I had to pay to get it unstuffed and put in the NJ warehouse to prepare for trucking to Raleigh.

I was told by my broker (separate individual not from Binex, although I could have used Binex) that I would need to CANCEL the "IT" (In Transit Under Bond) so that he could release it through customs. I had to do this because my chosen broker cannot clear items from any state other than NY or NJ. I found out that there would be no fee to cancel the IT and went ahead and had Binex do that. Also on the arrival notice was the final destination in Raleigh that I had been wondering about this whole time. After sending the money order off yesterday afternoon, I called the warehouse to see if i could get an idea on price to unload the machine, store it, and then load it on a flat bed trailer that I would be hauling. I am glad I contacted them, because come to find out, they can't load onto a low trailer! It has to be "dock height". They did offer me a delivery service right to my driveway, which did not take much time on my end to accept!

As of right now, the estimated time for the machine to be at the local warehouse is November 10th. I am not sure how long it will take them to turn around with a (hopefully smaller) truck to bring it to my house but wishful thinking puts it here next Friday the 11th! I am hoping I can get the driver to dolly it into my garage too. If not, I will have to proceed with my plan to put 3 or 4 anchors in the concrete floor, building a steel triangulated frame and winching the machine in little by little. My driveway is sloped so putting the machine on dollies might be a bad idea since I don't want the machine in the neighbor's kitchen.

I know I always wondered about cost and only found a few places where people actually divulged that info, so here is the breakdown for those interested in importing a machine from China:

2200 lb, 513 ft^3

Broker:

Customs entry fee: $125
    Customs duty tax/fee: $62 (3% of declared merchandise value

Carrier agent (Binex Line Corp.):

I.T. CHARGE $20.00
    HANDLING CHARGE: $75.00
    STRIPPING CHARGE: $181.50
    DAD: $40.00
    TOLL FEE: $29.04
    OI-CHASSIS RENTAL FEE: $43.56
    Cost to overnight MO: $25

Raleigh warehouse:

Import charge: $128.20
    Delivery fee: $250.15

TOTAL: $979.45

Oh and you can't use a CC with Binex or with the warehouse. Keep that in mind if you are financing your purchase with CC's!

Thanks for the thread of your purchase, I initially planned to build a DIY machine using Joes CNC EVO plans, bought 500 bucks worth of steel tubing, spent a bunch of time grinding cuts and realized I'd be better off purchasing a machine. I live in the Raleigh area as well and look forward to the pictures you post!

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolicsecan View Post
    Thanks for the thread of your purchase, I initially planned to build a DIY machine using Joes CNC EVO plans, bought 500 bucks worth of steel tubing, spent a bunch of time grinding cuts and realized I'd be better off purchasing a machine. I live in the Raleigh area as well and look forward to the pictures you post!
    I didnt buy the material, but spent quite a few hours designing in CAD and talking with suppliers... it didnt hit me until i decided i wanted to make cabinets, or at least try. My design was a small 6040 but i decided it would take too long and cost nearly as much as buying from china. I cant say the same about the stuff in the US, although quality and support im sure are better.

While waiting for my machine to show up, I was wondering if there would be a fairly non-destructive way to add the capability to machine the ends of boards. Anybody else with these machines modify the table to be able to mount a board on end, say to do mortise and tenon or dovetails?

Well, the machine finally made it today!

Thanks to all who helped even if you didn't know it! This forum is invaluable.

What an adventure these last two days have been. The machine arrived at the raleigh warehouse Monday morning. At that time i contacted the warehouse only to find that they would not be able to deliver the machine to my house. It is too long for their lift gate so they told me i was on my own to pickup.

I asked everyone i know who might have ideas or contacts in my area to help load at the warehouse and unload onto my driveway. The warehouse told me whatever truck i got would need to be "dock height" although they didnt tell me what that measurement was. I put an auction on uship and called a couple of local hauling conpanies. One said they could do it for $75 an hour plus mielage but i would have to wait til saturday. Another company gave me a similar quote which also included a forklift rental for $500. I guess thats a reaaonable rate around here! Anyway, i was hoping to find a rate closer to the $250 i was quoted from the warehouse initially.

I went to craiglsist and found a guy with an ad looking for work. Called him up and we discussed the machine size and specs and also made plans to meet at the warehouse the next day (today). I wasnt sure if his truck was going to be dock height or if it was wide enough. I had a hard time understanding him with his broken English so i agreed to meet him at the warehouse. I needed to go there and pay anyway.

After taking some measurements i found that the truck would be the exact right height for the dock and wide enough at 3" more than the machine. We agreed on a price (a bargain IMO), and he followed me home where he helped me unload onto my driveway and start rolling into my garage.

I have attached a few photos of the process! Now to figure out where to connect 240vac! It looks like there is a transformer that steps down to 70v ac and im guessing thats the only place i need to hook to!

Photos:

And now the fun part actually begins

Served by a Droid

Yes!! I found out that I bought the wrong collet set too this spindle is ER25 not ER20 like I thought. Anybody need a metric collet set for ER20 lol? Also, Looks like my max rpm is 18000 on this 3.5KW spindle. I hope that means the torque curve is shifted down in comparison to the 24k rpm spindles!

I was pleased to find that the linear guide rails are HIWIN brand, and the drivers are Leadshine, I think those are some of the best out of China, right?

Page 1 of 3 123