585,931 active members*
4,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Spindle synchronization problem LT10-M

Spindle synchronization problem LT10-M

Hello!

I have a weird issue with sync. Spindles. The program works fine when spindles are turning in M3 direction. But if I change the direction to M4 the program stops at G151 and the sub spindle does not do anything. I'm assuming this is a machine fault since the program works with M3? Or is there some parameter that needs to be changed?

Works:
    G13
    G140
    G95G97S1600M3M42
    M247
    M151

Does not work:
    G13
    G140
    G95G97S1600M4M42
    M247
    M151

Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Spindle synchronization problem LT10-M

G9597S1600M3M42
    try this 1st : G95G97S1600M3M42; more than this i can not help, because i don't have sync spindles

ps : 2nd spindle has M42 ? far as i know, 2nd spindle is smaller, so maybe there is only 1 gear ? ...
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    try this 1st : G95G97S1600M3M42; more than this i can not help, because i don't have sync spindles

ps : 2nd spindle has M42 ? far as i know, 2nd spindle is smaller, so maybe there is only 1 gear ? ...
    Oh sorry that missing "G" was just a typo. It has two equal spindles and the second spindle also has M41/42.

Try this code:

G13
    G140
    G95G97S1600M5M42
    M247
    M151
    M4

There is no parameter that will affect this. The only other times I've seen the sync no occur is if the chucking proximity switches are not adjusted properly in which case a M185 or M247 should ignore the switches. Since you already have the M247 it should not be a problem. The other thing that can cause a problem is if one spindle is in low gear and the other is in high gear and the speed cannot be reached by both spindles.

Since you only show a small snippet of sample code, it is impossible to troubleshoot further. Send the full code and we may be able to help more.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Send the full code and we may be able to help more
    100% agree with "we" & "may"
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

That actually is the full program minus m2(forgot to add it here but it is in the program) the gear ranges should not be a problem because if I chance it to M3 it works? I'm testing it in single block mode because of the m2. If both spindles are not in the same gear it will alarm. In the past I had that problem once. So this is basically a test program I made because I could not get it to work and to rule out other stuff that could effect it.

I will try what was suggested earlier and come back in 30mins.. thanks!

Hi, that gave alarm: "1724 VAC spindle synchronous condition"
    But I got it to work! This works:

G13
    G140
    G50S3000
    M247M151
    G95G97S1600M4M42
    M2

Funny how the previous program work'd in M3 direction, in M4 direction this is how it's got to be. It would be nice to know why. Maybe this is the correct order of codes and the previous program just happened to work.

Anyhow thanks for help!

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Try this code:

G13
    G140
    G95G97S1600M5M42
    M247
    M151
    M4

There is no parameter that will affect this. The only other times I've seen the sync no occur is if the chucking proximity switches are not adjusted properly in which case a M185 or M247 should ignore the switches. Since you already have the M247 it should not be a problem. The other thing that can cause a problem is if one spindle is in low gear and the other is in high gear and the speed cannot be reached by both spindles.

Since you only show a small snippet of sample code, it is impossible to troubleshoot further. Send the full code and we may be able to help more.

Best regards,

It may be related to not having any code on the B-side. Normally the machine needs to have a matching G140/G141 and a G50 command on both spindles otherwise the B-side would be just waiting for the M2 and will not "think" that it should be doing anything for the most part.

The spindle sync alarm is because you are breaking one of the sync rules that are required. Typically there is a code after the alarm that tells more specifically what it is related to.

1724 VAC spindle synchronous condition
    Any of the following conditions is not satisfied when the spindle synchronized control command (M151/M150) is designated. Assume that the A-spindle is controlled in synchronization with the B-spindle rotation.
    1)The spindle rotation command for the A-spindle is not activated.
    2)An S command for the A-spindle is not activated. Any of the following conditions is not satisfied when the spindle synchronized control ON command (M151) is designated.
    3)Chuck on the A-spindle is not clamped.
    4)The spindle rotation command for the B-spindle is not activated.
    5)An S command for the B-spindle is not activated.
    6)Fixed-speed rotation signal for the B-spindle is ON.
    7)The A-spindle gear is not in neutral.
    8)The B-spindle gear is not in neutral.
    9)The C-axis is not connected in the both A- and B-spindles.
    10)The B-spindle is not selected.
    11)The spindle speed range in which synchronized rotation is possible is present for both the A- and B-spindles.
    12)When the B-spindle is rotating, the B-spindle speed must be lower than the A-spindle speed. The following condition is not satisfied when the spindle synchronized control is OFF.
    13)The chuck on the B-spindle is not clamped.
    14)The thing that mutual Main spindle is not in extreme low speed rotation mode either.
    15)The thing that mutual Main spindle is not in Main spindle low speed acceleration mode either.
    16)Both spindle's chucks are not closed.
    17)A synchronous rotation command was issued with the second headstock not at the lowered position.
    18)APA is effective in the both A- and B-spindles.
    [Object] SYSTEM
    [Code] The number (hexadecimal) of each of the above conditions
    [Probable Faulty Locations] • Program error

Pay attention to the codes - they are critical in determining what the problem is. Also think logically about the all of the rules and why they would be required. For example: Chuck clamp - if both chucks are clamped, synchronization would try to twist a bar, so one is required to be open.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.