585,717 active members*
4,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BCC locking up during DNC.

BCC locking up during DNC.

I am using BCC 21, and before that I was using BCC 20 to DNC to an MHP b-22 mill. I am using a pc with windows xp and 256 MB of RAM. After I get a program ready, and then start the send, if I minimize BCC and check e-mail, 9 times out of 10, when the program is done, I will have to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE and Task Manager to shut down BCC.

I am now in a habit of saving all my work before sending any programs. Any suggestions to prevent this, or explanation of why it's happening?

Jim

Which revision of 21 are you using?

It sounds a little like a memory leak in BobCAD.

Regards,

I looked and I am using verision 21.5.2, and when I did that, that caused BCC to not only lock, but this time is shut itself down with an error report box. That was the first time it had done that to me, actually shutting down the DNC and BCC.

I also looked and I actually have 512MB of ram in this machine.

Jim

Jim,

This isn't Vista is it?

First run a repair of the software, this may resolve some issues with the executable and registry files.

Next, what type of machine are you sending to at and what are the settings you use in BobCAD? Finally, have you downloaded any updates(windows or other), software or patches on the computer?

Regards

No, it's not Vista, it's XP. I have automatic updates all the time. I am sending to an MHP machine with Hydrapath III control. The settings are 9600, data bits 7, parity even, stop bits 1, Handshake-special with rts/cts and xon/xoff. I had a real nightmare of a time getting this setup to work while sending large programs at 9600 bps. I had to turn off the FIFO buffer in windows to keep from loosing communication with the machine. Since then programs run unattended overnight without a flaw. I know I get an error that shuts down BCC if my machine gets an error that stops the machine. But that doesn't happen often, I can handle that. I just hate having to be so cautious when doing other tasks during the day.

If I do a repair of the software, do I have to re-register it and get a new code from BCC?

Jim

Everything seems like it should be fine then, I would double check the FIFO buffers to make sure an update did not turn them back on (not likely to happen, but we should cover our bases).

The repair will not require re-registration, the license file does not get directly affected by the repair utility.

Regards