585,752 active members*
3,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc robodrill alpha T10A programming

Fanuc robodrill alpha T10A programming

Going to try to be complete and as short as possible. Was having trouble with the machine homing properly and overtravels. Read in the manual to push this key while holding that key down. Long story short..poof..no more parameters. Got the parameter list out of the back of the machine and proceeded to manually type all of the parameters back into the machine. Got that done and kept getting a Z axis fault. Got over that problem but now i got the famous 1012 in the tool change area alarm. When I lost all parameters I also lost all programs. No problem, I'll just input the O9040 program and run it. Nope.. I can't get any program to go into the machine. I keep getting a input format error. Nothing I do will let me type a program into the machine.. Any suggestions??

Re: Fanuc robodrill alpha T10A programming

To get out of the toolchange area try the following.

Set PWE -1 (parameter write enable)

System (on keyboard) then press page down
    PMC on soft key
    PMCPRM on soft key
    KEEPRL
    Cursor to K10
    TYPE in 10000000
    Input
    Press Emergency Stop
    Release emergency stop

You should then be able to move Z and when you turn the machine off and on again it will return to normal.

As for the programs I am guessing you need enable editing of the 8000 and 9000 programs and you could try changing the program number to 0001 to see if that works

Hope that helps

Thank you Lomach!!!

Your instructions on how to clear the 1012 alarm are perfect! We were setup to run a production job over this weekend for a batch of parts due on Monday. We got the 1012 alarm when the operator hit feed hold mid tool change then exited the program. I thought we would be down for the weekend. You saved us!

The only thing I would add would be to change the PWE back to 0 after jogging the Z down to within the normal travel limits.

Thanks agian!

jesse_g - Oh yeah forgot to write you need to put PWE back to 0 but you figured it out that is the main thing. They are great machines.

Regards

Thanks. Am going to try this now. Would have sooner but was out of town on an emergency repair.