585,925 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Work read outs do not change

Okay not sure what happened put my work read out numbers do not work. They read a number but do not change as the machine is running a program. If i hit feed hold it will change to where i hit feed hold but then when i cycle start they lock up on those numbers. I have re-started my machine and pc and still the same. I will be shutting down for the night now and re-try it in the morning. but just wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem.

Re: Work read outs do not change

Hi I hope that you figured out how to fix that. I had this happen to me and what I found was a springy little titanium chip was stuck in the keyboard and one of the letter keys were stuck in a depressed condition. Once I cleaned out the keyboard and rebooted everything worked again.

Oh boy

Well I fired it up this morning and still the same thing

I will look over the keyboard or maybe change it out

Quote Originally Posted by BIG IGG View Post
    Okay not sure what happened put my work read out numbers do not work. They read a number but do not change as the machine is running a program. If i hit feed hold it will change to where i hit feed hold but then when i cycle start they lock up on those numbers. I have re-started my machine and pc and still the same. I will be shutting down for the night now and re-try it in the morning. but just wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem.
    I had this happen a few months back on one of the earlier releases, a reboot fixed the problem for me.

I havent noticed any problem in the later releases with this. It did not affect the machining though, just the readouts didnt change as they should have.
    mike sr

So i was running it last night and now everything is working LOL Next time it happens i will try to switch the keyboard. And after i finish this job i might update PP not sure on that because i have a few jobs follow this one. So i might wait untill i have down time so i can make sure everything is good.
    Thanks for the feed back everyone too