585,573 active members*
3,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > MasterCAM Post - CNT Router w/ WinCNC Controller Help!!

MasterCAM Post - CNT Router w/ WinCNC Controller Help!!

I have a newer CNT Router that runs a WinCNC controller. I have an existing post that allows me to run MasterCam X but in some surface machining functions I'm getting large circles and arcs when I open it up on the controller and try to run it. It is fine when I verify it MasterCam prior posting. Does anyone have any suggeastions? Is there anyone that could help me fix this problem? I will pay for someones time.

Cool Check your "D" offsets.

Some post confuse "D" dia offset with The "H" height offset. If you have the "D" offsets turned on at the machine, and it has the same offset number as you height offset, the machine will try to compensate for the larger offset and make big arcs. To fix this problem, you can simply turn off the "D" compensation at the machine in you software, or edit your post. Open the post and look for a line of "Ds" with numbers beside it. Change these numbers to start with the fist number after the last tool that you have in your changer. ex, if the last tool is 10, then the first "D" offset should be 11. make sure that the offset banks in the controller for the new "D" offsets are all set to 0.000 or to the number you wish to compensate for, ex, -0.0010
    I hope that this helps.

Perpetualdark

Hi. I have cnc router that runs on wincnc, i'm trying to find postprocessor for mastercam X3. Can you send it to me?
    Thanks in advance.

mastercam 9 post for wincnc router

Does anyone have a post for MC 9 to wincnc?

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Westvang
    Dryad Bows Inc.