585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > New to me Multicam SF router, electronics rebuild? Pic heavy documentation
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: New to me Multicam SF router, electronics rebuild? Pic heavy documentation

A "sneaker net" is like the internet, only with fewer cables and more walking.

If you are looking for a USB solution for serial port woes, I recommend the keyspan usa-19hs adapter. I've used it to connect to dozens of machines without issue and it has a lot of functionality.

Ok, I've walked through this on two different xp laptops, my serial cable is soldered correctly, and the controller will export through send file a test cut file the only file that goes is an hpgl file, and the pendant say hit enter to start, and it runs...when sent from motion mechanic. I uninstalled all the multicam programs, I think jobserver and mx32 were fighting each other. New install of mx32 and setup with controller on, the setup searches for connection and finds comm 1, even, 19200, etc..but the pendant freezes with a blinking curser every time.

If I restart the router and walk through Neal's setup, keypad 8 does nothing, even though th mx32 on my computer say it's connected. Pendant enter has 4 boxes DNC, move, jog etc but doesn't access the DNC folder that was installed in C: ...job1, ...

I've got several xp computers as backups because I use mach3 on several other machines. I don't have anything older though, so I'm kind of lost, not sure how to go backwards with window operating systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My next move if I were in your situation would be to try it with windows 98. I just checked my local CL and there are win 98 install disks available for $10.
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

So a huge thanks to Maurice, we got the setup thru a keyspan 19hs USB. When motion mechanic in terminal mode I can see the router boot up, so the controller is sending a signal, you can see in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway, mx-32 or jobserver for some reason won't let the controller activate DNC and I still can't see files to be run. So either I'm missing some program set up on the computer or the signal that the controller isn't read, IDK.

The controller outputs a {6}d5{6} and nothing happens, I've tried this on 3 different computers so I don't think the problem is the serial port, I don't think it's my cable, but I can't rule it out, and I can't rule out a chip problem on the controller, one of the manuals talk about a loop back cable and self test for the controller but I'm not sure I can do it from the pendant.

Success.. sort of....or 2steps forward and one back.

Got some help from uncle, thanks man!! And got windnc to go active from the pendant, but no files could be seen. Played around with the settings and changed pendant from serial to parallel and wala it works!! Yea team.

But, from vcarve, I have to load the hpgl files in .plt to run, gcode files crash the controller. I'm wondering if there is a software upgrade to the controller? Also, I don't seem to be able to set feed rates, but I'm wondering if that is an hpgl override and I still need to explore how this stuff works.

Oh, broke my first but, screws cane lose on the z axis pulley and z didn't retract when moving. Oh well, that was a nice spiral but that came with the router.

My first test cut.

Can you type "qc" in Motion Mechanic? It will kick out all of your machine settings and parameters so we can see exactly what board and software is on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCeiling View Post
    Can you type "qc" in Motion Mechanic? It will kick out all of your machine settings and parameters so we can see exactly what board and software is on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Been a few busy still weeks, but UC where do you type in "qc" in motion mechanic. Here's a shot of motion mechanic at start up on terminal server. This is where I first learned that I could send .plt files.

Page 3 of 3 123