585,991 active members*
6,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi Waterjet trouble shooting

We have a Mitsubishi Electric Suprema Waterjet system. We've had it almost a year and have had an ok time up till now. In the last week or so we have been having a bad problem with our tips clogging multiple times a day. We haven't changed the type of sand we use. its the same tips we've been using, and We actual had a brand new tip blow apart at it end yesterday while cutting.

Has anyone else ever had these 2 issues , or maybe have an idea on what could be cause them?

Thanks in advance for the help guys

JoJo

It may be a little late but this may come in handy for future problems: The most likely cause of focussing tubes clogging up is an inaccuracy in the height sensor or a slow response of the Z-axis. The tip touches the material when piercing, the abrasive can't go anywhere which in turn blocks the water flow. If the pressure builds up to quickly in the tube - especially if it hits the material hard - it will shatter.

Try testing a greater piercing/cutting distance or recalibrate the height sensor.

Goed luck!

Houvast

Re: Mitsubishi Waterjet trouble shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Houvast View Post
    It may be a little late but this may come in handy for future problems: The most likely cause of focussing tubes clogging up is an inaccuracy in the height sensor or a slow response of the Z-axis. The tip touches the material when piercing, the abrasive can't go anywhere which in turn blocks the water flow. If the pressure builds up to quickly in the tube - especially if it hits the material hard - it will shatter.

Try testing a greater piercing/cutting distance or recalibrate the height sensor.

Goed luck!

Houvast
    Excuse me I am new to this, the truth is that I have a team equal to yours, and I have a small problem, which I do not know how to solve and I would like you to give me advice or, failing that, the solution to the problem.
    I will get to the point, on the screen I get an error that belongs to the alarm "NC-Alarm. ´´ The detail is that it only has the number (P45 0 0). And I don't know how to solve it , I would ask you in the most attentive way to help me, thanks.

Re: Mitsubishi Waterjet trouble shooting

Excuse me I am new to this, the truth is that I have a team equal to yours, and I have a small problem, which I do not know how to solve and I would like you to give me advice or, failing that, the solution to the problem.
    I will get to the point, on the screen I get an error that belongs to the alarm "NC-Alarm. ´´ The detail is that it only has the number (P45 0 0). And I don't know how to solve it , I would ask you in the most attentive way to help me, thanks.