585,717 active members*
4,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RoboDrill Cable Connector Help

Machine: 2008 Robodrill Alpha T14

I need help identifying a cable connector so that I can order a replacement as well as the connector pins for the wires.

See attached pictures.

As an example, the machine's internal work light uses the same connector I am looking for. This connector plugs into the wiring pcb located at the top right corner of the electrical cabinet in location XS12-2. According to my parts book, the work light uses a standard cable #STD CABLE A660-8015-T359#14IELGT. However, I am unable to find a breakdown of this cable which shows a part number for the connector and pins.

JST is visible on the connector as its manufacturer, but their product catalog is HUGE at over 900 pages and includes many, many, many different connectors. Needless to say I have not found it in their catalog yet.

I sent a request to Fanuc USA, but they just referred me to the local Methods dealer. I have a request in to them, but for stuff like this, it is like pulling teeth to get them to reply.

I am also looking to fabricate additional cables to locations not currently being used which is why I need just the connectors and pins.

If anyone can offer any help to identify the black cable connector shown in the picture, I would be very appreciative.

Re: RoboDrill Cable Connector Help

Does anyone have an answer for this? I know from previous experience that they (methods) do not want to sell these connectors. Much less tell you what they are. I have recently acquired a Robodrill that has the autodoor option 3/4 of the way installed, by methods. long story.
    I need about 4 of these I think. I pins are already on the wires, just no plug.

Re: RoboDrill Cable Connector Help

I feel your pain with Methods. You could try these guys. https://www.machinetoolcables.com/fanuc-cables/ By the time you source the connector and pins and crimping tool and buy the minimum quantity you will likely be in it as deep as having them made up.