586,011 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Clearpath disabling

Trying to get clearpath motors set up for new machine.
    I have one higher resolution low torque motor and one approximately 230 oz standard resolution motor. Everything works fine with the lower torque motor. When I use the same controls and Power with the other motor it disables as soon as it starts to move. I am not getting any error messages. It seems to work fine under USB control, and the Auto-Tune feature seems to work fine.
    Occasionally it will stay on long enough to move back and forth a few times, but as soon as I initiate a rapid move, it will disable.
    I am using the power supply recommended by Teknic, and I am testing with only one motor attached to power at a time.
    Any ideas? Thanks!
    David

Re: Clearpath disabling

I am in the midst of the same process myself. When a ClearPath shuts down the LED light will flash a sequence of flashes which equate to a trouble code. If its three flashes, like I have encountered, it could be over torque, or it received a command outside its parameters and quite a few others. Theyre all listed in the manual. I would set your speed and acceleration for your problematic axis very low and try it again. If it works, then try gradually increasing the speed and acceleration parameters in your control program and see if you can duplicate the problem.

Re: Clearpath disabling

If the auto tuning and USB input work fine, there may be an issue with the controller configuration. Make sure the pulses/rev setting on the drive matches your controller setting (step size).